How To Remove Handle Bar Ends

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

kenmore
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by kenmore » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:04 am

I want to fit bar end mirrors to my TRX.Can anyone out there tell me how to remove the bar ends and wether the clip ons are hollow.I dont want to remove the clipons unless I have to .
If some one can tell me, it will save me some time.
I,m sick of looking at my elbows in the fairing mirrors every time I go for a ride.Rearward vision is important to me as the coppers are red hot where I live on the south coast of N.S.W .
function=form

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Re: How To Remove Handle Bar Ends

Post by Killerwhale » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:14 am

kenmore wrote:I want to fit bar end mirrors to my TRX.Can anyone out there tell me how to remove the bar ends and wether the clip ons are hollow.I dont want to remove the clipons unless I have to .
If some one can tell me, it will save me some time.
I,m sick of looking at my elbows in the fairing mirrors every time I go for a ride.Rearward vision is important to me as the coppers are red hot where I live on the south coast of N.S.W .
Take the BIG plumbers wrench and yank, you WILL get sweaty before they are out! :lol:
...and yes, hollow.

kenmore
TRX-Enthusiast

Bar ends

Post by kenmore » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:22 am

Thanks for the reply,I will now go ahead and order the mirrors and organise some plates to cover up the mounting holes for the original mirrors.
function=form

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Post by slow codger » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:27 pm

:D Long solid punch and big hammer, as I believe they are sweated in.

Dave E
An infiltrator from the dark side!

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:13 am

And what's the inside diameter of the bars, as I'm thinking of getting a set of those great looking Oberon bar-end mirrors? 17 or 18mm?

Bob

youngy

Post by youngy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:45 pm

Grab them with mole grips or stilsons and twist. They will be knackered when they come out.

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:42 pm

martin young wrote:Grab them with mole grips or stilsons and twist. They will be knackered when they come out.
Hmm, thought thát would be the case :?

I'll wait 4 now, maybe I'll spray them black :roll:

Greetz
Gerben
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-

kenmore
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by kenmore » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:53 am

Don,t think I,ll paint them black. I want to get rid of them with the least amont of fuss.I hate not being able to see behind and now I know that I can Fit bar end mirrors the bar ends are gone.Thanks for the replies it has saved me time.
function=form

Triton

Post by Triton » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:01 am

Hmm, might be worth trying one side at a time. Doesn't matter what the field of view is if the things are vibrating so badly you can't see anything - especially at night.

kenmore
TRX-Enthusiast

Bar End Mirrors

Post by kenmore » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:24 pm

Just to let you know that I now have the Bar End Mirrors on and that they make a world of difference as I can actually see what is going on behind me.Thankfully vibration is not a problem even when labouring the engine in too high a gear.All round a good investment and they don,t look too bad either.
function=form

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Re: Bar End Mirrors

Post by Trixz » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:59 pm

kenmore wrote:Just to let you know that I now have the Bar End Mirrors on and that they make a world of difference as I can actually see what is going on behind me.Thankfully vibration is not a problem even when labouring the engine in too high a gear.All round a good investment and they don,t look too bad either.
I would like to get rid of my mirrors on top, but don't want to make the REX wider then it already is. With Bar End mirrors I don't succeed in my plans. My vision in the mirrors is pretty good right now (must be my figure :lol: ), but I don't want to loose sight due to removing the original mirrors (ánd due to regulation, I have to have them :roll: ).

Greetz
Gerben
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:11 am

Gerben, check out US ebay and search for "pig spotter mirrors" might be just what your looking for.
If everything seems under control
your just not going fast enough.
( HENRY FORD )

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:50 am

I think AuSFR here in Sydney sell those Pig Spotters Kev, but IMO they look so ugly :shock:

Bob

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:31 pm

Kevtrx849 wrote:Gerben, check out US ebay and search for "pig spotter mirrors" might be just what your looking for.
Thanx for the tip :D because I've never knew about this option!

But I must agree.... :shock: .... it's not my kind of taste.

The search continious :wink:

Greetz
Gerben

Quan-Time
Site Sponsor

Post by Quan-Time » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:54 am

i have pig spotters, they are ugly, and are totally useless.. any claim about actually being able to see behind you is a lie.

Worst purchase ever.. BUT they are minimal which is what i was after.
-------------------
I dont have a sig
-------------------