howd ya go

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

twolfe
Site Sponsor

howd ya go

Post by twolfe » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:18 am

Gday Triton, how did you and John go at the creek today?near perfect weather.

Triton

Post by Triton » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:54 am

Hi twolfe... Yes we had a great day... the weather was perfect. John has a cool TRX... even if it is red/black (LOL). :D

John had a Mich pilot sport on the front of his bike - probably well past its use by date so after fitting a 120/70 pilot power he came in with a huge smile on his face - and he has a set of stainless cans that sounded like a Lancaster bomber as he zapped by our pit garage. So all in all I think John had a thoroughly enjoyable day, and went fast enough to wind up with a pogoing front end - he's now contemplating the gold valve emulator mods for his forks. 8)

I also had a great day but Ms T is whining that I've worn out yet another back tyre (hey - it's a Pirelli Evo Dragon in SC2 compound and cost $59) but the "I haven't even ridden on it and it's stuffed" argument is a hard one to counter. So yes, great day but I've been banished from any form of extra-curricular activity until I fit a new rear tyre! Unfortunately Ms T also noticed a rather flattened front face to the side-stand - wondered what the scraping noise was around Turn 8... :oops:

Anyway TRXers... if you what to ride at either Oran Park or Eastern Creek I can get you in for $100 for the Park or $147 for the Creek, I make zilch out of it but would love to see more TRXs used and abused at the track. The thing is still capable of surprising the odd R1! :shock:

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:27 pm

Triton wrote:The thing is still capable of surprising the odd R1! :shock:
And 999...

Sorry, had to! :wink:
TaZ (Max)

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:43 am

Triton wrote:Hi twolfe... Yes we had a great day... the weather was perfect. John has a cool TRX... even if it is red/black (LOL). :D

John had a Mich pilot sport on the front of his bike - probably well past its use by date so after fitting a 120/70 pilot power he came in with a huge smile on his face - and he has a set of stainless cans that sounded like a Lancaster bomber as he zapped by our pit garage. So all in all I think John had a thoroughly enjoyable day, and went fast enough to wind up with a pogoing front end - he's now contemplating the gold valve emulator mods for his forks. 8)

I also had a great day but Ms T is whining that I've worn out yet another back tyre (hey - it's a Pirelli Evo Dragon in SC2 compound and cost $59) but the "I haven't even ridden on it and it's stuffed" argument is a hard one to counter. So yes, great day but I've been banished from any form of extra-curricular activity until I fit a new rear tyre! Unfortunately Ms T also noticed a rather flattened front face to the side-stand - wondered what the scraping noise was around Turn 8... :oops:

Anyway TRXers... if you what to ride at either Oran Park or Eastern Creek I can get you in for $100 for the Park or $147 for the Creek, I make zilch out of it but would love to see more TRXs used and abused at the track. The thing is still capable of surprising the odd R1! :shock:
How much to get in as a spectator, Mark?
Wouldn't mind coming out to watch one day.

Wombat
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

Triton

Post by Triton » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:51 am

Hi Wombat,

It doesn't cost anything but a sign-in signature to come into the ridedays. John and I could use a helper, it's surprising how bugga'd I am after a 20 minute session - just holding the bike up is an effort; and I'm sure John felt the same, plus as he hasn't ridden at the Creek before he's probably in agony today having used muscles he's never used before. So please feel free to join us at the Creek or the Park - I'll keep posting info about when/where the days are coming up. :)

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:11 am

Grandpa wrote:it's surprising how bugga'd I am after a 20 minute session - just holding the bike up is an effort
You're kidding, right? :kicknuts:

:wink:

I held up much better than I thought I would in the first session of the 4 hour, something like 58 mins.

That last session, (around 40)... When I stopped I couldn't feel my legs at all and damned near tipped over. I straddled the bike, knees clanking against the side of it praying my team would get that rear stand under it before the world became horizontal. :oops:
TaZ (Max)

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:37 am

I know, did a few sessions around the creek quite a few years ago on the Guzzi at one of the AMCN Moto Expos. More of a buzz than tired. I'd never seen a Metzeler ME55 ball up so much :shock: Used to be a helper for a Honda motocross racer called Vaughan Styles many many moons ago out at Amaroo Park.

Wombat
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

Triton

Post by Triton » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:39 am

OK superman Max... so what if you're fitter than me! :lol:

We did 5 x 20 minute sessions on Firday. 20 minutes x 5 equals 100 minutes or 1.6 hours. That's almost half a four hour endurance race. With one and a half year's preparation. The preparation consisted of not going to Eastern Creek and eating Krispy Kreme donuts by the dozen, washed down with a six pack of beer a day. :oops:

Needless to say, by the end of the fifth session I could hardly walk - but that's what you get for being 48 and sat in front of a desk for 8 hours a day during the week. Roll on the next Eastern Creek - I'm up for it even if I'm not up to it! :shock:

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:54 am

LOL! :lol:

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel...

Did the same race 3 years ago on an ill-handling pig (TL1000R) but for that one I did do some training, made the difference as I was having so much fun when the checkered came out I wanted them to make it a 5 or 6 hour...

Last time, no training and even though the bike was much easier to ride, I was practically immobilized during the last session.

It's amazing how many muscles you find that are only used for riding on a track... :oops:
TaZ (Max)

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:16 am

Triton Wish I was 48 again , I'm waiting to see if I got into P ISLAND this Friday for a rideday , only booked 2 days ago so it may be full . did a day at Broadford a month ago ( small right hander track ) and still had trouble two days later with the old leg movers . I thought about training but couldn't fit it in between beer , 8 ball practise , beer , lawn bowls , beer and I forgot a few quiet beers I will catch up with you at GP

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:47 am

I'm starting to get the feeling only old out of shape drunks ride TRXs... :shock:

Hey, THAT'S ME!!! :oops:
TaZ (Max)

Triton

Post by Triton » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:23 pm

And me! :o Bob, See you at the Aprilia stand in the expo tent. I'm the 48 year old grey haired skinny unfit guy with no beer gut... but I'm working on it! :shock:

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:34 am

Yeah... Just a few more Krispy Kreme donuts... :lol:
TaZ (Max)

John M
Site Sponsor

the Creek track day

Post by John M » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:40 pm

Well Taz for starters count me in as a card carrying member of the 'old out of shape drunks on a TRX club.'
What a ball we had at Eastern Creek! The weather was perfect and apart from the last of six 20 minute sessions being cancelled due to numerous crashes the day went without a hitch.
I've never ridden Eastern Creek, it's quite technical and it took me all of the first session to get a feel for it; it's very wide and there are plenty of ways around it but of course only one of them is the fast line.
As Mark said my front Pilot sport was past its best and i was grateful he'd thrown the spare Pilot power in. I had it fitted before the second session and it made a huge difference; on the third session I was first out in my group and it was two laps before anyone passed me. :)
Then I started to discover what others have said in the past about taking the TRX to the track: you get passed by all the quicker bikes on the main straight (a Monster, a 996, 999, TL100R, Gixxer 1000, K1200R to name a few) then spend the rest of the lap trying to find a way past them, only to be hosed off once you hit the straight again. Aaarrghhh! :evil:
As Mark said i discovered the limitations of the stock front end towards the end of the day but it didn't give me any real moments. I can see i'll be spending some dough on the suspension when i have some to spare- a shame the sailing season is about to start as the boat needs some TLC too :roll:
Mark's low-km blue 'rex is a gem and watching (and listening to) him wring its neck cutting it with the 'fast' group was awesome. Meeting and talking to long time hero Wayne Gardner in the pits was another highlight.
All up a top day, surely the most fun you can have with your trousers on. This could be addictive: can't wait for the next opportunity.
Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly

Triton

Post by Triton » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:44 am

Just picked up two more $59 SC2 compound Pirellis! Guess who's gonna get lucky tonight!!! :lol: :twisted: