When more than one...

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

When more than one...

Post by jpe70 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:46 pm

... how do you post in members rides? Or upgrades for that matter? :lol:

Just posting for the fun of it, after the weekend 11-12/9 -21 I will have brought home 3 more TRX's in condition varying from "stood 10 year outside at the coast" to "done MOT and running below 4000" including parts and stuff to fill the floor of my Renault Trafic.

End result of all this will at the least be a hoonigan bike called Troodon for the girlfriend, hopefully a stock-ish bike for sale and a bunch of parts to go. If I'm lucky an extra engine after pulling it completely apart. If I'm very lucky indeed some rep for my spare time bike work shop. 8)

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: When more than one...

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:26 am

And now the fun begins once again Jan...
laughter is the best medicine

HolerTogni
Site Sponsor

Post by HolerTogni » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi jpe70!

I'd suggest posting them one by one in the order of purchasing ... or in descending order of their condition :shock:

When I look at my Renault Trafic (the TRiXie-Taxi 8) ), a floor full of parts is quite a whole lot of them!

Then let's hope you will be a very lucky guy with all the tinkering and your girlfriend will also be very lucky with owning and riding the TRX!

"Keeping fingers crossed"-greets from Munich!
Nothing against four cylinders:
TRX 850 & Racetrack-TRiXie :twisted: 8)

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:45 pm

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:And now the fun begins once again Jan...
Looks like it :roll:

After unloading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lc_gDEY34o

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:03 pm

HolerTogni wrote:Hi jpe70!

I'd suggest posting them one by one in the order of purchasing ... or in descending order of their condition :shock:

When I look at my Renault Trafic (the TRiXie-Taxi 8) ), a floor full of parts is quite a whole lot of them!

Then let's hope you will be a very lucky guy with all the tinkering and your girlfriend will also be very lucky with owning and riding the TRX!

"Keeping fingers crossed"-greets from Munich!
It'll be after condition then, because I just bought the two at the same time and "inheriting" the third... :lol:

Will probably take a lot more time than I think, but if I give it 4-5 hours every week one of them should be finished by spring. Have some things to do on the Bumble bee too and hopefully some customers in the garage.

- First is the kind-of-running one, the Streetfighter. Starts and are MOT but runs porly and not much at all over 4000 rpm. Possible to ride though. This will become Laila's all black/carbon bike.
- Second, there's the "R6". Was running before modifications started, very unfinished everywhere but have new cans and rebuilt fork with Öhlins springs.
- Third is the worst. Been standing outside a garage at the coast for 8-10 years. If I'm lucky there's some parts I can use. Crank bearings are gone too... :shock: If this frame is usable the engine from R6-bike will go into it and I'll use parts to build a sellable TRX and maybe get some money back.

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Tarwetijger » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:53 am

jpe70 wrote:

nice collection!
A couple parts are not TRX, like the side stand on 0:48 in the video.
I don't recognise the plate (?) at 0:38.

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:58 pm

Tarwetijger wrote:
jpe70 wrote:

nice collection!
A couple parts are not TRX, like the side stand on 0:48 in the video.
I don't recognise the plate (?) at 0:38.
Good spotting, those are R6 parts most of it for the bike with R6 rear end. Some ThunderCat parts in there too, like a saddle and other odd pieces.

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Post by jjmoto » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:13 am

jpe70 wrote:... how do you post in members rides? Or upgrades for that matter? :lol:
I've bought Highlander's pair of TRXs so I'm pretty much in the same position
Just posting for the fun of it, after the weekend 11-12/9 -21 I will have brought home 3 more TRX's in condition varying from "stood 10 year outside at the coast" to "done MOT and running below 4000" including parts and stuff to fill the floor of my Renault Trafic.

End result of all this will at the least be a hoonigan bike called Troodon for the girlfriend, hopefully a stock-ish bike for sale and a bunch of parts to go. If I'm lucky an extra engine after pulling it completely apart. If I'm very lucky indeed some rep for my spare time bike work shop. 8)