Replacement Front Indicator - Help?

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Fastdags
TRX-Enthusiast

Replacement Front Indicator - Help?

Post by Fastdags » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Has anyone had to replace either of their Front Indicators?

Recently bought a 1996 Bike and after a few rides, I noticed that the front left indicator was very loose - was literally about to fall out of the fairing. On closer inspection, I noticed that a previous owner had used hot glue to do a bodge job and my initial fears were that the fairing had been damaged at some point.

Luckily, the fairing is fine and the indicator mounting hole is in good order. However, the Front Left Indicator is clearly an aftermarket one and a really crappy one at that. I did a detailed measurement of the indicator base compared to the right hand side that fits nice and snug and discovered that it has a slightly smaller "footprint" which is why it effectively rattles around in the mounting hole - hence the hot glue to try and keep it fixed in position.

I want to do a proper job and get a decent quality replacement that fits properly. I initially thought OEM but my local Yam dealer has these on back order.

Has anyone had to get a replacement and if so was it decent quality and would you be able to advise where you got it ?

Kind Regards

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Re: Replacement Front Indicator - Help?

Post by dicky » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:22 am

WEMOTO, or your local wreckers.
The same indicators were used on all YZF's up to the 2001 R6, so shouldn't be too hard to find.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Fastdags
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Replacement Front Indicator - Help?

Post by Fastdags » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:22 am

Cheers dicky, really appreciated - will start looking :D