98 TRX for sale - Wollongong NSW

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Koala63
TRX-Enthusiast

98 TRX for sale - Wollongong NSW

Post by Koala63 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:57 am

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

Well boys, I'm throwing in the towel. My good mate and close riding buddy is in intensive care today in an induced coma after our first legal post lock-down ride went horribly wrong yesterday. He's going to be OK but he's a mess. His immaculate 94 VFR is now just a pile of bits. The fact that it wasn't his fault doesn't change anything,

I turn 57 next week and am already lucky to be alive. Yesterday was just one too many and just too close. With age I know my reaction times are slowing down, but I'm not. I still push hard through the corners and know no greater thrill. My number is coming up.

But long story short. A good well-loved 97/98 TRX is looking for a new home. About 70k. New staintunes. New tyres minus 1200km Snowy run just before lock down. Will advertise through usual appropriate channels shortly.

Cheers lads.

SImon

PS Sorry board apparently wont let me post photo. But you know what they look like.

wally67
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: 98 TRX for sale - Wollongong NSW

Post by wally67 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:37 am

Sorry to hear about your mate Simon send me a msg and contact would'nt mind a look champ..

Koala63
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Koala63 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:53 am

Thanks Wally. PM sent.

My mate got out of intensive care this week and hopes to be home next week some time. He's in good spirits but his riding days are over too,

I've had a riding career panning 40 years of long runs, ripping through the corners and doing mad overtakes and never had a horror wipe out. For the last half decade, my TRX has been the best bike I have ever had and I'm happy to be passing on a totally honest, trustworthy, reliable and pretty bike while my luck still holds.

Hopefully she'll find a good home and a lucky new owner.

gurunik
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by gurunik » Fri May 22, 2020 11:58 am

know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away....
May life get rosy again dude.....

Koala63
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Koala63 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:39 am

Thanks Gurunik. I've actually been humming that one to myself of late.

DeeCee
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DeeCee » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:59 am

Hope you and your mate are sorted, a salutary tale. I’m in jervis bay south of Wollongong and in august this year purchased a TRX from a hospital bed where at the ripe old age of 60 was having a stent put in my heart . I’m delighted to be alive and now with a 1996 TRX fettled with the front end refreshed and a new set of pirelli tyres heading to Tasmania for a brisk run from west to east over 3 days.
I was thinking about your decision following your friend’s injury and for myself alone following my near death experience determined to wring every last thrill out of life while I can. I’m young enough to still sling a leg over a bike and the TRX is a very capable machine. I’ve owned a big Ducati and later a smaller 450 in New Zealand and have to say the TRX is the bomb! So to all my fellow TRX enthusiasts here , thanks for the tips and go for it while you can!! Open rods in tassie tomorrow . Life is good !