An excellent forum we have here.

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

pbear62
TRX-Enthusiast

An excellent forum we have here.

Post by pbear62 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:07 am

Hi guys & girls,

I've been a member on here since I bought my second TRX in late 2008 & still visit quite regularly. (usually weekly - sometimes more, sometimes less ....)

I'm also a member of a number of other bike & car forums & am continually amazed at how good this forum is & how useful the info here is compared to some of the others I look at.

Many of these other forums seem to populated by members from the shallow end of the gene pool - I'm not easily offended but I can't believe some of the crap that is on them - there's abuse of other members, swearing, slagging off other models etc, heroic tales of doing "a dollar eighty" (180kmh) while wearing T-shirt & shorts etc & don't get me started on the amount of adverts they have ....... :| :| - I don't know - maybe TRXs are owned by more mature/older/more sensible people?

I know the growing use of Facebook pages/groups including our own TRX850 group is probably reducing the number of people using forums but on FB there's no easy way of looking back at older posts & threads etc - unlike on here where there are info threads going back to way before I joined 11 years ago.

So, many thanks to our administrators, members, contributors etc for being part of the best forum that I know of. To quote former Aussie boxing champion Jeff Fenech - "I love youse all!" :D :D

Cheers, Andy (pbear62)
Once you've had black - you'll never go back!

Bigamy is when you have one wife too many - Monogamy is the same!

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: An excellent forum we have here.

Post by Tarwetijger » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:58 am

I agree there is a lot of usefull info on here.
Cant help noticing the TRX is getting older and second hand prices are so low, the TRX has become a cheap bike for when you cant afford something else instead of a worthy cult bike.
But anyway, it still is a nice bike. I read too many times other owners couldnt think of a good followup or people felt regret for selling their TRX.

Group hug! :D

HolerTogni
Site Sponsor

Post by HolerTogni » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi pbear62!

Thanks for taking the words right out of my mouth and writing them down here!

However, there is another forum, which is (at least :wink: ) as good as this one: the German TRX forum :D
But since it is another TRX forum, this is no surprise. 8)

Agreeing greets from Munich!
Nothing against four cylinders:
TRX 850 & Racetrack-TRiXie :twisted: 8)

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:35 am

Here, here... and +1 for the German Supertwins forum too.
laughter is the best medicine

Koala63
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Koala63 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:16 am

I was going to start a new thread but one of my main objectives was to heap praise on this forum, its incredible value as a technical resource and inestimable worth as a source of solid gold advice and encouragement. THANKYOU TRX Enthusiasts Forum!

The other stuff was:

Happiness is... a GREAT mechanic and a new set of Staintunes! Its probably writ large many times already in this forum, but any old codger still riding on stock pipes for misguided sentimental reasons should ditch them yesterday. Its like taking hobbles of a horse. I think she's running free or the first time since 1998. And we like it!

And... A shout out to anyone in the Illawarra region of NSW looking for a really great bike mechanic - I unreservedly recommend Biketeck at Kemblawarra. Expert, honest, friendly, caring and value for money service from a small family business run by Miguel and Sharon who are top people. Nuff said.

And lastly a short story (Happiness is... part 2). Once again for those who know the Illawarra... Yesterday morning - bottom of Macquarie Pass to the Pie Shop - NOT A SINGLE VEHICLE IN MY WAY! About 11am. road dry and warm, no sticks, no road works and new scrubbed in tyres. Been riding that stretch for 39 years. BEST RUN EVER!

Life is good sometimes.

Cheers.