5/8 brake master cylinder

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

5/8 brake master cylinder

Post by dicky » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:55 am

I'm setting up and ebay store selling 5/8 brake master cylinders.
Seeing as the consensus of opinion on FB is that the 5/8 MC works great with R1/R6 brakes, there must be a huge market of poor R1/R6 owners who are suffering with only 14mm MC's.
Why should they have to put up with a braking system that was designed by engineers when they could have a mismatch of parts that are purported to be better (but better than what?) by a bunch of fscktatrds on FB?
To try and relieve their misery (I do wonder though why I've never heard them complaining?) I have been shopping and bought up every 5/8 MC I could find.
I will now sell these at $300.00AUD a piece to those poor suffering R1/R6 owners.
I'll be rich in no time...
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Re: 5/8 brake master cylinder

Post by Rod.s » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:17 pm

dicky wrote:I'm setting up and ebay store selling 5/8 brake master cylinders.
Seeing as the consensus of opinion on FB is that the 5/8 MC works great with R1/R6 brakes, there must be a huge market of poor R1/R6 owners who are suffering with only 14mm MC's.
Why should they have to put up with a braking system that was designed by engineers when they could have a mismatch of parts that are purported to be better (but better than what?) by a bunch of fscktatrds on FB?
To try and relieve their misery (I do wonder though why I've never heard them complaining?) I have been shopping and bought up every 5/8 MC I could find.
I will now sell these at $300.00AUD a piece to those poor suffering R1/R6 owners.
I'll be rich in no time...
What are you saying! That there are people on FB that don't have a clue [-( I'm really shocked and find that hard to believe :lol: :lol: :lol: I gave up on some of them ages ago, it must be so hard to type into the search engine the question and get all the info you need. As for the brakes I much prefer the Gold Brembo's over the blue spots, BUT I rebuilt mine completely before fitting them to replace the Blue Spots that the PO had fitted, and it's quite unfair to compare an unknown quantity (old blue spots) with fresh rebuilt, new pads and new discs...
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by dicky » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:19 am

I write posts like this every couple of days but usually delete them.
I never post them on fb as the poor dears might get upset with a bit of snark.

As to the brakes, I've got all three and I reckon there's not much diff between the Brembo's and the blue spots.
On a more powerful bike that might change, but at least on the TRX they are pretty close.
I do prefer the look of the Brembos over the blue spots.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:22 am

Go for it! :lol: :lol:

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:01 am

No no no no noMr Fawlty. Is a 8/5 master which is 19mm but only if it’s black on the inside with a red rubber boot... :lol: :lol:
laughter is the best medicine

dandywarhol
Site Sponsor

Post by dandywarhol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:21 pm

Lol! :lol:
1996 TRX 850, blue, Ohlins 46HRCLS, Race Tech Gold Valves, 0.90 springs, Venom pipes, R6 brakes............
1974 Yamaha RD250A, Candy Blue
1998 Yamaha SZR660, blue of course
1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, Blue and white