Extra long fuel mixture screws

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Jerry-attric
TRX-Enthusiast

Extra long fuel mixture screws

Post by Jerry-attric » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:31 am

Hi there, I'm a newbie to your forum. I've had my trx for 16 years, don't use it so much now and it stood for two years. When I parked it up I just chucked a cover over it and walked away (stupid) so now the engine has filled up with petrol so much that it even ran into the exhaust. Crappy vacuum fuel tap!! I fixed that but missing popping and overfueling on the right hand cyl, this was because the diaphragm in the fuel pump was leaking fuel down the vacuum pipe directly into the inlet manifold but before realising that I'd stripped and rebuilt carbs.
So, back to my original subject does anybody know where I can get extra long fuel mixture screws in this country because as you probably know adjusting these carbs in situ is almost impossible.

OzzieDave
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Extra long fuel mixture screws

Post by OzzieDave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 am

I made up a special tool to allow me to do this with the airbox in place.
Can’t put a photo on here easily, so will add it to your posting on Facebook.
Proudly Aspergian. Yellow 98 TRX850, Staintune mufflers, braided brake hoses, blue spot brakes, remote control ignition switch, Ignitech ECU. 17/42 525 chain.

Jerry-attric
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Jerry-attric » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Thanks ozziedave but I'm not on Facebook , but I was inspired by your tool making abilities so I had a better look at it and managed to fashion a suitable adjusting tool out of long screwdriver bit ground down to fit , with a piece of fuel pipe super glued on as a knob to turn it and it works so happy days

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 am

I have flex jets fitted to my FCR’s to make life easier.
Rod has a flex jet style fitted to his std trx carbies tho so the option is out there.
laughter is the best medicine