What did you do to your TRX today?

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

PrfctChaos
TRX-Enthusiast

What did you do to your TRX today?

Post by PrfctChaos » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:54 am

So as the title says, what did you do to your TRX today, fitted a new flat slide carby or just swapped some tyres over? Made a adjustment to something, checked the oil, or just gave her a polish?

I'll start, finally got the TRX through inspection and registered again today (after being stolen and de-registered for 6 months.). Very keen to ride this baby on the streets again as a daily driver. And gave her a good clean obviously.
1996 TRX, Front end from a 2006 GSXR 750, Seat off a 2012 Triumph street triple. TDMR carbs, Laser cans, Perreli Rosso Supercorsas.

spiritedride
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: What did you do to your TRX today?

Post by spiritedride » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Great title for starting conversation or self expression.This morning I gave the power rs' s a good scrubbing. Here in sunny Queensland as the air temp is rising so is the grip levels.

Snod Blatter
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Snod Blatter » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Today I will give her a good check over after getting back late last night from a week's riding holiday in Germany. As always she was faultless as long as I kept the oil level up.. Nearly 3 litres in 2000 miles! That's super-thin super-cheap oil for you, not bad through the week but sit on the motorway and [slurping noises].

Pics and a short write up to come, I thought it'd be refreshing to post something reminding people that these are fairly basic road bikes and not exotic race machines :roll:
'95 4NX with K&N filter, Motad Venom cans, YSS PD valves, Ohlins fork springs, 530 C+S, Green CDI, 11/16 radial master cylinder, +30mm jack up dog bones. Enjoyable money pit.

nr
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by nr » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:43 pm

I obviously read this on the right day, after months of inactivity :)

Fitted an Ignitech CDI, calibrated the TPS position, and swapped the kmh speedo out for an mph one.

And kicked the bloody Renegade pipes, just to make myself feel better.

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Ignored it, mostly. Fitted and adjusted a new TPS is about it.

Got MOT on thursday and however that goes it's a small R6 conversion coming. But that's for later posts... 8)

NielsJ
Site Sponsor

Post by NielsJ » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:23 pm

I just sync'ed the carbs. What an absolute PITA! No screwdriver in my tool box would fit, so I had to turn off the engine and apply 50%-ish throttle to be able to turn the adjuster screw. :twisted: :twisted:

This is actually the first time I've done anything else than add gas to the tank 8-[ Speaking of, the rear bolt/hinge pin was missing :shock:

Next up: Found out the fuel tap is leaking, so a repair kit must be ordered. And perhaps a re-route of the gas line, so I'm able to lift the tank more than 5 cm's before the line are stretched to the max :roll:

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Post by jjmoto » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 am

Refitted the end cans. put some oil in & fired it up after two months of inactivity due to work. daughters wedding, building projects, wife finishing masters degree, holiday & most recently two day canoeing/drinking trip

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Tarwetijger » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Today? The bike just got me to work. And back home, too.
Overtaking slow traffic like tractors is always fun, I love the sound of the 2-in-1 exhaust.
nr wrote:And kicked the bloody Renegade pipes, just to make myself feel better.
And did it help? :lol:
NielsJ wrote: Next up: Found out the fuel tap is leaking, so a repair kit must be ordered. And perhaps a re-route of the gas line, so I'm able to lift the tank more than 5 cm's before the line are stretched to the max :roll:
Be sure to order the right one, that also contains the diaphragm. Tourmax FCK-44 for XJR1200/1300 if I recall corectly. Not to be confused with FCK-22.

PrfctChaos
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by PrfctChaos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:35 am

Ordered these good looking Aluminium LED indicators for the TRX. After the previous set of cheap chinese crap indicators lasted only a couple of months :x .

https://goo.gl/images/sqZejG
1996 TRX, Front end from a 2006 GSXR 750, Seat off a 2012 Triumph street triple. TDMR carbs, Laser cans, Perreli Rosso Supercorsas.

benr
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by benr » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm

I did some more stripping down today. Nearly got the frame off but one bolt has rounded, have to get the drill out. :(

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:12 pm

Finally got the sving arm changed.

PrfctChaos
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by PrfctChaos » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:01 am

New chain and sprockets. Nice and quiet now.

The o-rings were coming apart in the old chain, so must've been properly shagged.

spiritedride
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by spiritedride » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:01 am

Picked up Trx ( standard ) from my entrusted mechanic today, new road 5's,master cylinder and caliper kits,sintered pads,steering head play adjusted,chain and sprockets. This with recent front and rear suspension service adds up to about half what I paid for it eight years ago but the result is certainly worth the cost as it rides like it has just come off the showroom back in 97.

spiritedride
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by spiritedride » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:09 am

Did oil and filter change on both Trx's today, use motul 5100 10w40 and genuine filter at 4-5k intervals ( country riding ) ,sight glass reading full before dropping oil with 3.8 litres coming out.Both motors done approx 40k ,never any sign of shards in used oil and motors don't drink it,hope this keeps up for many more years of riding.

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Last two months have been difficult money-wise, but finally looks sorted on the horizont so got around to buy some presents for the Bumble-bee. A set of R6 RSU forks on it's way as is a R6 rear axle complete with all collars and spacers. Yay! :D