Newbie from Adelaide Australia

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

johnno3au
TRX-Enthusiast

Newbie from Adelaide Australia

Post by johnno3au » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:41 am

Hi All,
Been a member for a while but haven't posted until today. I purchased my TRX from my son, who originally purchased it from me in 2009. It's a 98 model that has been converted to naked bike (due to a crash - not me lol). I originally bought this bike in March 99' from a dealer here in Adelaide, with 6000 kms on the clock. It is simply one of the best bikes Ive ever owned. It did everything I asked it to do, touring, scratching through the hills, commuting & did it all well. So when the chance came to buy it back (for peanuts) I jumped at the chance. The bike was fitted with Shark carbon cans when i bought it and my lad fitted:
new clutch
kevlar lines & blue spot calipers
R6 rear shock
Rear sets
Eaton flat bars
new chain & sprockets
Rad guard
Carbon front guard
Ive had the cans re-built by Redline Exhaust. I've now got the suspension out of it. Hoey did the work on the r6 shock with a new race tech spring for my weight & fully adjustable pre-load kit. Finished the forks Saturday with new fork tubes seals, boots & bushes & a set of ohlins 8.5 springs.
I'll be keeping her for life, even if I have to sell my other 2 wheeled toys.
I enjoy the forum & hopefully you receive my small contribution to its upkeep shortly.
Cheers

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: Newbie from Adelaide Australia

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:46 am

Once the trx is in your blood it's there for life :lol: :lol:
Welcome aboard
laughter is the best medicine