Drawing a crowd..

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

woolybully
TRX-Enthusiast

Drawing a crowd..

Post by woolybully » Tue May 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Took bike for MOT on Friday, the attention it got was amazing.
Went out of the shop with the sales guy to show where I had parked & he stopped in his tracks & said "Kinnel... that's nice, 3 of the shops mechanics were stood around oggling it.

When I went to pick it up next day they came out to see it off, sadly (because it shows my age & the bikes) one of the mechanics said it was the 1st time he had ever seen a TRX.

Ah well, here's to the next 20 years, if I keep it that is.

Makes me wonder sometimes what value it has, anybody want to have a guestimate? Mileage is just under 6K.

I could be the laziest man on earth, I just can't be arsed to find out.

handsomejackuk
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Drawing a crowd..

Post by handsomejackuk » Wed May 31, 2017 12:13 am

yep mine is just the same where ever i go it attracts a crowd, all the real expensive plastic fantastic bikes never get a look in, the TRX always get loads of admiring views and i always get asked about it how long i have owned it, and usually a complement on how well its looked after, have had mine 16 years now 2 nd owner and in my eyes is in almost mint condition.....

mines not really been used much for the past 4 or five years.. i did about 400 miles last year, and probably the same this year...

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:41 am

Like you said TRX always generates interest, loads of people admire mine, my mate, who is always a bit disparaging was really pissed off when we were out to take the new Thruxton out, the chief Mechanic came out and was waxing lyrical about what a lovely looking bike it was! Thruxton R was lovely but it didn't do anything better than my '99 TRX - which is also a looker

drix
Site Sponsor

Post by drix » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:56 am

I was at the Ace Cafe yesterday eve and same thing.. people standing around, chatting about it, having a very close look at it all and taking photos! The commute to work across central London is pretty much the same, regular thumbs up and chats with other bikers whilst standing at traffic lights.

Feels good to ride on something different from the rest of the crowd! 8)

As for the question RE value, if you look at eBay these days, it varies from the 1K region to over 4K... 4K IMO is just an absolute joke and those bikes, no matter how clean or low mileage, simply won't shift and aren't shifting since they've been up for sale for a while..

I'd say a fair price for both buyer & seller for yours would be in the 2.5K region. Just my 2 pence :wink:

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Post by jjmoto » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:52 pm

Been to my local meet at Krazy Horse in Bury St Edmunds this evening as usual the bloke parked up next to me wanted to talk about my bike as soon as I took my lid off he had ridden one at a Cadwell race school a few years ago and had been looking out for one.

Spiky
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Spiky » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:31 am

drix wrote:I was at the Ace Cafe yesterday eve and same thing.. people standing around, chatting about it, having a very close look at it all and taking photos! The commute to work across central London is pretty much the same, regular thumbs up and chats with other bikers whilst standing at traffic lights.

Feels good to ride on something different from the rest of the crowd! 8)

As for the question RE value, if you look at eBay these days, it varies from the 1K region to over 4K... 4K IMO is just an absolute joke and those bikes, no matter how clean or low mileage, simply won't shift and aren't shifting since they've been up for sale for a while..

I'd say a fair price for both buyer & seller for yours would be in the 2.5K region. Just my 2 pence :wink:
I've not had mine long, but usually end up chatting with someone about it when I'm out on the road (ie. haven't got it in the shed in bits, as it is at the moment). Values sound much higher here in Aus. I know exchange rates are variable (currently, one of your novelty pounds buys 1.75 Aus dollars), but people are typically asking upwards of $4k for anything that"s not an absolute snotter. There's plenty of bikes for sale currently who are attempting to get $5k+, which seems ambitious to me. I reckon a really good one like the OP's could be worth that money though.
"Keep in mind that the true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good".

woolybully
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by woolybully » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:39 pm

When I think about it, the bike costs me bugger all to insure & keep and I suspect if I ever get rid of it I probably wouldn't bother to get another bike (old giffer now) so I'm more likely to keep hold.

See what it's worth when its 40 years old....
I could be the laziest man on earth, I just can't be arsed to find out.