putting it back

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

SDN
Site Sponsor

putting it back

Post by SDN » Sat May 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Just putting the engine back to pretty much stock

Original exhaust was minging, so mucho elbow grease - to remove years of cack - back now aching

FCRs off old carbs back on - managed to remember cable route in the end - scratched my head so much I've probably worn a bare spot :-)

Kent cams out and just shimmed the original cams - only 3 shims to buy and they're ordered fro trusty flea bay

Found the old air box with K&N

So spec will be - stock exhaust with termi end cans

Stock carbs with airbox and K&N - titanium needles and nickle plated emulsion tubes

Head has been ported with all the valve ground and seats cut - so I have left that

In this state it has a dyno graph of 79bhp

Good enough - if I want more have my Speed Triple

Finish building it next week when the shims arrive - fingersd crossed it will roar into life!

coxylaad
Site Sponsor

Re: putting it back

Post by coxylaad » Mon May 08, 2017 1:11 pm

any reason why?

handsomejackuk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by handsomejackuk » Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 pm

worth more money standard... i.m.o.

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Mon May 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Reasons - TBH not sure whether to keep it or sell it - It been a fantastic bike, I've loved owning it - However - recently picked up 6 points and a naked bike keeps you more honest! Advantage Triumph. Also insurance for two bikes might be eye watering??? Additionally getting time to use two bikes with a busy life - struggling :-( - wife was on warpath this weekend - on about being a bike widow - Divorce is way too expensive to contemplate!

as Jack says + a lot of others standard bike will fetch more / same money + I make extra selling all the nice bits :-) and quite fancied seeing what a standardish engine felt like!

Update fitted standard carbs, standard cams and standard headers - it still went well!

Have offers for FCRs & Kent cams - but better offers still considered, have ignitech ignition and a big bore Projection exhaust 2-1 -2

Would consider £1800 ONO for bike - R1 rear end, YZF 750 swinger and rear wheel, R1 front end, Blue spots, proper Ohlins rear shock + loads more.

I also have loads of spares if I do sell it