clip on alternatives any ideas ?

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

jim
TRX-Enthusiast

clip on alternatives any ideas ?

Post by jim » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:02 am

Hi All
i have just joined so firstly hello all, anyway i have just got a TRX and have to say i am very impressed. But and there is always a but the clip ons are absolutely killing my wrists the rake is completely wrong for me. so does anyone know if i could get clip ons with a better rake for me please ? or is there an alternative ? i cant be the only one with pathetic wrists or can i ? lol

thank you in advance for any suggestions
jim

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: clip on alternatives any ideas ?

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:03 am

Some members here have similar issues and find relief by swapping the LH clips on with the RH clip on and placing them upside down in the process.
Scoll back through the threads over the past month and you'll find a thread with photos on this.
laughter is the best medicine

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:09 pm

41mm multi adjustable clip on`s are all over Evilbay too, here`s an example. (don`t worry that they`re Chinese, the quality is good):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-41MM-Clip ... SwKtlWmWHY
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

jim
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jim » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Mincehead wrote:41mm multi adjustable clip on`s are all over Evilbay too, here`s an example. (don`t worry that they`re Chinese, the quality is good):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-41MM-Clip ... SwKtlWmWHY
thank you will have a look

jim
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jim » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:56 am

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:Some members here have similar issues and find relief by swapping the LH clips on with the RH clip on and placing them upside down in the process.
Scoll back through the threads over the past month and you'll find a thread with photos on this.
Thanks a lot i have searched everywhere and can seem to find any information on how to actually flip the clip ons. is it a case of just swapping left for right and right for left would you know? again thanks for the reply its appreciated
jim

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:51 am

Yep, just swap them over, although the clip-ons are pre-drilled with holes to locate the pins on the switchgear to stop it moving so you need to re-drill or just file off the plastic pins on the switchgear.

Overlord Neil
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Overlord Neil » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:24 am

If you are feeling particularly flush, or just can't get a comfortable riding position out of the above suggestions, you could always look at these:

http://www.apexmfg.com/all-products/ape ... lip-on-set

Not cheap, and not in UK but they are fully adjustable. There are others out there.

Not teaching you how to suck eggs, but don't forget to sweep the bars both ways, just to make sure you don't trap your hands on full lock when you find you'r ideal set-up!
C90, TS50, H100, H100, CB250, GS500, Tiger 955i, TRX850, Tuono, ZZR600, CBR954RR

dandywarhol
Site Sponsor

Post by dandywarhol » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:25 pm

trixynut wrote:Yep, just swap them over, although the clip-ons are pre-drilled with holes to locate the pins on the switchgear to stop it moving so you need to re-drill or just file off the plastic pins on the switchgear.
The new angle made my wrists ache more!

I dropped my yokes 10mm and raised the clip ons, made a spacer between the clip on and the yoke to locate them - it helped a lot
1996 TRX 850, blue, Ohlins 46HRCLS, Race Tech Gold Valves, 0.90 springs, Venom pipes, R6 brakes............
1974 Yamaha RD250A, Candy Blue
1998 Yamaha SZR660, blue of course
1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, Blue and white

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:37 am

With the bars flipped The new angle made my wrists ache more!

But just lifting the clip ons from the original position just eases the load alittle and the trade off is you may need to put in a little more effort if you want to ride really hard due to centre of gravity changes.

If it's not manifesting from skeletal or neural pain
That's a actually good sign Dandy your body may just need a little tune up just like a motorcycle to get it back to peak performance....lol
You don't need a rebuild yet mate....lol
We all suffer it as we age...lol and due to the sedentary lifestyle we now takes as normal sitting in front of computers or TV and desk jobs isn't the best thing for us.

Rotating the bars to get comfy is a good indicator that possibly bad posture may be the culprit and treating the symptom and not the cause is regularly conditioned in today's world.

When you flip the bars it actually rotates your scaps, rolls your shoulders forward and your not using your core muscles and glutes , transferring the work load to your neck, lats and infra spinal.
Then lower back pain will slowly start to manifest over time due to overworked back muscles.
Wrist pain goes away because the neck muscles are no longer being stretched from their already shortened position.
One of the referred pains from muscle groups around your neck is your wrists.
Tight neck muscles lifts your shoulders and starts to round them.
Just like timing your ignition your muscle groups need to fire in a certain order for the task at hand.
You have pre ignition ( from overworked or hypertonic muscles) you loose power and stress other components because things are not working the way they should.
Like most weight lifters they can press big numbers but other simple mundane things like riding a motorcycle becomes a pain due to overworked muscle groups. The nervous system automaticly turns these muscles off as they are already seen as stressed ( trigger points) and further actions may cause damage. It's a normal defense mechanism of the body so it uses other muscle groups to compensate and only adds further unwarranted stress.
laughter is the best medicine

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Post by Rod.s » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:39 am

trixynut wrote:Yep, just swap them over, although the clip-ons are pre-drilled with holes to locate the pins on the switchgear to stop it moving so you need to re-drill or just file off the plastic pins on the switchgear.
You don't need to drill the tubes..they just unbolt from the clamp. Simply undo the bolt that holds the tube to the clamp then undo the clamp from the fork tube, swap the clamps over and reattach the tubes to the clamps, simple really and a ten minute job. :D

Before

After
Last edited by Rod.s on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!

dandywarhol
Site Sponsor

Post by dandywarhol » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:00 am

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:With the bars flipped The new angle made my wrists ache more!

But just lifting the clip ons from the original position just eases the load alittle and the trade off is you may need to put in a little more effort if you want to ride really hard due to centre of gravity changes.

If it's not manifesting from skeletal or neural pain
That's a actually good sign Dandy your body may just need a little tune up just like a motorcycle to get it back to peak performance....lol
You don't need a rebuild yet mate....lol
We all suffer it as we age...lol and due to the sedentary lifestyle we now takes as normal sitting in front of computers or TV and desk jobs isn't the best thing for us.

Rotating the bars to get comfy is a good indicator that possibly bad posture may be the culprit and treating the symptom and not the cause is regularly conditioned in today's world.

When you flip the bars it actually rotates your scaps, rolls your shoulders forward and your not using your core muscles and glutes , transferring the work load to your neck, lats and infra spinal.
Then lower back pain will slowly start to manifest over time due to overworked back muscles.
Wrist pain goes away because the neck muscles are no longer being stretched from their already shortened position.
One of the referred pains from muscle groups around your neck is your wrists.
Tight neck muscles lifts your shoulders and starts to round them.
Just like timing your ignition your muscle groups need to fire in a certain order for the task at hand.
You have pre ignition ( from overworked or hypertonic muscles) you loose power and stress other components because things are not working the way they should.
Like most weight lifters they can press big numbers but other simple mundane things like riding a motorcycle becomes a pain due to overworked muscle groups. The nervous system automaticly turns these muscles off as they are already seen as stressed ( trigger points) and further actions may cause damage. It's a normal defense mechanism of the body so it uses other muscle groups to compensate and only adds further unwarranted stress.
Nah, I'm just fuggin old and decrepit. MT09 for me :lol:
1996 TRX 850, blue, Ohlins 46HRCLS, Race Tech Gold Valves, 0.90 springs, Venom pipes, R6 brakes............
1974 Yamaha RD250A, Candy Blue
1998 Yamaha SZR660, blue of course
1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, Blue and white