Need help identifying Keihin FCR's

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

deathtoll
TRX-Enthusiast

Need help identifying Keihin FCR's

Post by deathtoll » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:45 am

Guy at my work gave me a pair of Keihin FCR's that he thinks came off of a TRX.
How do I identify the model of these ?
Where can I get a service manual ?
Where can I get parts to rebuild them ?
Anything specifically that should be checked on these ?

I serviced, cleaned & rebuilt the Mikuni's that are currently on the bike a while ago now without any major dramas & the bike is currently fitted with the aftermarket programmable ignitech ignition & runs a 2-1 exhaust with a straight through muffler.

Cheers for any advice :)

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: Need help identifying Keihin FCR's

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:55 am

Pitch between the centres of the intake is 98mm
Intake spigots that screw into the carby body and attach to the intake rubbers are 26mm long when screwed in and 33-34mm long when detached from the carby body.
Some Ducati's and TDM's use the same carby just with shorter spigots.
The reason the TRX needs the longer spigots is because the Acc pump body sits right beside the oil filler pipe and with the shorter spigots it will foul the pipe and not allow you to fully attach it to the intake rubber.

Jetting is
48 pilot
150 main
OCEMP needle
200 main air
float level 9mm

The ducati use a different pilot jet.
Ducati FCR has no TPS mount

Fuel screw (underneath ) 1.5 turns as a starting point (effects idle mixture)
Air screw (next to air jet at air box end) 1 turn as a start point ( effect up to 1/4 throttle )
Make sure your exhaust system has a good seal at all joins.
Last edited by cobbadiggabuddyblooo on Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
laughter is the best medicine

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:02 pm

Balancing the carbies is simple and easy, just use a drill bit as a gauge and get both slides at equal height. They are not relying on vacuum to open the slide...
Source your needles, tubes and gaskets etc from Webike in Japan and are about half the price you will pay from Show n Go ( Adelaide )
They are a pretty simple, easy carby to work on, just be careful of the spring and small o ring if you pull apart the Acc pump.
Gaskets and rubbers have a habit of drying out, shrinking and leaking if left for too long with no fuel...

You'll need to purchase throttle cables too as the std Mikuni TRX cables don't work.
laughter is the best medicine

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by dicky » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:50 am

There is a heap of details about FCR's on the Sudco Int'l catalog web site. They are the USA importers.
You may not be able to find the specific part numbers for TDM/TRX fittings (they only list the kit part number), but all of the available parts are shown.
http://www.sudco.com/Catalog37Digital/f ... ge106.html

LiteTek in Thailand make a complete seal kit for FCR's (as well as for stock TRX Mikuni), he's a member on this site.
http://www.litetek.co/Carb_Kit_Keihin_FCR.html

While I'm here, does anyone know the correct FCR41 throttle cable mounting bracket part number for the TRX?
dicky
OOOSDC #5