Looking for help

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Kenny
TRX-Enthusiast

Looking for help

Post by Kenny » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi all I have a very big ask and I know its a bit cheeky but Ive not ridden my TRX for 2 1/2 yrs now due to Dr's say so and its looking very sorry for itself. I now have the go ahead to ride again but I dont have time anymore to do a rebuild so Im looking for someone who can rebuild her for me. If your interested in doing this for me of course paid let me know and we can talk. I will get all the body work frame etc painted so all Im asking is your time if you can spare it this winter.
Work needed is a complete strip and rebuild inc the engine as I have a BB kit and large valve head to go in and may have a new rods and cam too. so yes it is a big job spread over a few months.
My bike maybe a dinosaur but it still has some bite & has a mighty roar.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy ........ but usually I let her sleep in

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for help

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:14 am

I'd be happy to but the shipping would be a killer... :lol: :lol:
What about if you farm out the motor bottom end as the top end isn't that hard especially if out of the frame.
Handy hint..
You can leave the clutch basket on the lay shaft and rotor on the crank so no need to pull those off which can be a bit of a bitch without the right tools if you do it yourself.
Unless of cause you need to rebalance the crank then they may want no rotor attached.

I just ran through doin a major service and cam chain replacement in a leasurely Sunday workshop with Udaysen and Rich doing the work and had enough time for the late arvo neighbourhood Xmas in July.
Next step from there is head off and barrells ... Simple
Rich rode home so can easily be done with little effort and with the motor out of the frame it will be a breeze.
laughter is the best medicine