rear suspension

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

billyn
TRX-Enthusiast

rear suspension

Post by billyn » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:54 am

I have fitted a yzf750 rear swinging arm and find the shock a bit hard, Any other shock fit?
R6 shock does not fit due to the bracing so what else is out there?

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: rear suspension

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:52 am

Just get either the yzf or the std trx shock rebuilt and sprung to your weight.
Problem solved as it's purpose built for you and the damping will suit the rising rate/ relay arm / swing arm ratio set up on the bike.
Will cost you about $300 and while at it, get them to put a gold valve on the rebound circuit.
laughter is the best medicine

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: rear suspension

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:42 am

By the way , an R6 shock would not have helped you 1 bit as it's actually sprung heavier.
Do yourself a favour ( and I don't mean this in a bad way) and do a little research on rear suspension on motorcycles. There is plenty of information if you google it just to get a basic knowledge on the action of the spring and damping nature of the shock absorber.
Tyres and suspension go hand in hand and are the fundermental item that will keep you upright while riding...
That's why it's best in my eyes to do it once and do it right.

The std TRX rear shock is quite a good item, just that most are 18 yrs old and never been rebuilt so a little tired to say the least.

TRX shock is sprung for a 70kg rider and the YZF like the R6 is sprung to suit an 80kg rider and other shocks from other bikes may have different stroke( length of action) eye to eye length and damping factor due to the length of swing arm, travel and rising rate ratio so a good chance you would have to rebuild another motorcycles shock anyhow.

Cheers
laughter is the best medicine