Looking for another

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

AdamB
TRX-Enthusiast

Looking for another

Post by AdamB » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi Guys

Just registered today as I'm on the lookout for another TRX. I had an S reg in 2001/02 but sold it because of a house move. Got a few older bikes but just sold my Triumph Scrambler and looking out for another TRX. I'm in Herts/Essex and looking for something as original as possible. Thanks all.

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Looking for another

Post by Mincehead » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:54 am

Hello and welcome AdamB, keep your eyes on the comics and web sites, you`ll find there`s good-uns come up for sale quite frequently.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

bikeownerus
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by bikeownerus » Sat May 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi Adam,

I'm in the Beds area and am wondering about selling my TRX. It's red, pretty original, just over 40k miles but has had an engine rebuild, doesn't use oil and is tidy but not immaculate.
I have put blue spot brakes on, 2 new tyres, re-oiled the front forks and stuck a much newer rear shock on it - all of which made quite a difference.
I have also recently swapped the carbs for a different set (mainly because they were there) - it runs better than before when under steam although is a bit lumpy on tiny openings?

Unfortunately Jane will not tour 2-up on it (understandably!) so I'm considering something different in order that we can go out and about before age takes over.

The cans are currently pretty loud although they seem to pass the MoT and I've not been pulled. I do have the originals somewhere so will see if they're serviceable.

Let me know if you might be interested, it might be the push I need ....!

Thanks

Doug

AdamB
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by AdamB » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Thank you for the reply Doug. Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for me I have one now! Had it about a month.....still going through it when time allows. Got it off ebay though had to go up to Mansfield for it....20k miles, stock except Racefit exhausts. Love it! Thanks Doug.

Adam