Running problems

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

dklassig
TRX-Enthusiast

Running problems

Post by dklassig » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:21 am

Hi all,

I am having problems with my 95 TRX. It hasn't been running for about a year now. The issue I am having is I can get it run but it will only run for a total of 38 seconds, timed it numerous times, and sops with a backfire. I'm not sure where to start looking. I was thinking it could be fuel tap related with a vacuum problem any help is appreciated. Lasso

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Re: Running problems

Post by alextrx850 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:48 am

Assuming you haven't changed anything since last year when it was last run..
The carburettors will likley have to be cleaned.
Fuel gum residue.

dklassig
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by dklassig » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:49 am

It was playing up then. I just haven't had a chance to fix it. I have had a few goes at it.

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Hello and welcome, membership all sorted I see. :wink:
Yes very likely `tarnish` from stale fuel, you MIGHT be lucky to get most of it out with fuel system cleaner, but better would be an ultrasonic clean.
The fuel pump `may` have a split diaphragm or there could be vacuum loss through a perished or ill fitting hose too. Give it a damn good inspection.
Oh and whip the plugs out, check and clean them at least. I replace plugs if they`ve sat for long periods of time, you can find moisture has got past the electrode / ceramic interface and compromised them. A blow torch on a freshly cleaned plug will help drive out any trapped moisture. :wink:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES