Spotted

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Spotted.........

Post by Wombat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Yellow TRX heading south between Brunswick and Melbourne Uni peak hour Monday morning 19/1
also spotted Green TRX heading in the same direction past Park St Monday or possibly Tuesday afternoon (just past the 7/11)
Anyone on here?

Bob
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Re: Spotted.........

Post by dicky » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 am

Papers please!
What are you doing in Melbourne?
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:22 am

Playing tourist Dicky

We took the new car (Aurion) for a drive down The Deadly Hume. 10hrs later we arrived at Brunswick
Maria wanted to see the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition at the NGV - it was actually quite good, even if you're not into fashion
Walked across the road and had a look at the Mambo exhibition on the other side of Fed Sq

AND, that's when our problems really began.............

Caught a tram out to St Kilda. On the way the transport officers got on and the first person they check on the tram for tickets is my son, Nathan.
We got our MYKI tickets from the local 7/11, but Nathan wasn't carrying any ident to allow him a concession rate. We explained that we were from out of state, but we still got issued with a caution!

ANYWAY.........

Went to get off at St Kilda, Chiara (11 yo) gets off the tram and the doors shut, and the tram starts to take off with her out on the street and us still stuck on the tram. Much yelling and swearing at the driver gets him to stop. He starts blaming me for it! At that precise moment, a Yarra Trams inspector was driving past in his car. The driver goes over to talk to him as do I. We explain what happened, he apologises and says is there anything else we can help you with?
I said YES, where's the rd back to Sydney! lol!

Other than that we had a good time. Also went to the Zoo, Queen Vic markets, Melbourne Gaol, Library, Exhibition hall, Collingwood, Fitzroy etc

You seem to have more ice addicts and people with Tourettes than in Sydney, I observed!

I'd go back again, but not for a long while, this was the first time I'd been back to Melb since 1989.

And NO, I had no interest in the tennis! (Here for the Tennis?)

Bob

dicky

Post by dicky » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:44 am

Don't tell anyone but I'm currently in Sydney, will be here for the next three weeks (excluding the weekends)
It's been a few years since I visited Sydney but not much seemed to have changed.
As I'm usually living in HK the major thing I notice about Syd (or even Melb for that matter) is women with blond hair and bit tits!
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the Melb tram inspectors but I'm sure if I ever have to use public transport I'd stuff it up.
The system in HK is so simple and effective I can't understand why it wasn't implemented in Australia.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Stu99
Site Sponsor

Post by Stu99 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:38 am

Wombat wrote: Also went to the Zoo, Queen Vic markets, Melbourne Gaol, Library, Exhibition hall, Collingwood, Fitzroy etc

You seem to have more ice addicts and people with Tourettes than in Sydney, I observed!

I'd go back again, but not for a long while, this was the first time I'd been back to Melb since 1989.

Bob
Yep, Fitzroy is the mecca for ice addicts and other drug f#ck#d scumbags. And once you have dealt with them you are confronted by a ocean of hipsters, full of their own self importance, arty farty BS and beez wax beard treatments.
Hate the place and am so glad I no longer have to work there.
It must be true, I read it on the internet.

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:02 am

Don't get me wrong, quite liked the place,especially Brunswick. BUT the officiousness of the city perplexes me?
Why do they have to be so nazi about everything, especially towards tourists (Well you should know about these things! - In Sydney no one gives a %$#@ if you stuff up)

My bruv lived in Belgrave and had his workshop in Oakleigh and lived there for a fair few years. He said he didn't go into the city much. I can see why.

Really Dicky, where are you staying while in Syd?
I work at the Uni of Sydney, but live out in The Hills

Bob

Sad thing was we were staying just a few doors up from where that poor Jill Meagher got killed. Thought about it every time I walked past that shop.

dicky

Post by dicky » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:28 am

Wombat wrote: Really Dicky, where are you staying while in Syd?
I work at the Uni of Sydney, but live out in The Hills
I'm working and staying in Nth Sydney but unfortunately have very little spare time to travel around. I've had to convince the few friends I have in Sydney to come and see me rather than me travel to see them.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:46 am

Yeah, know Nth Sydney well, my wife grew up, just up the road at Crows Nest

Bob

PS oh BTW got the "love letter" from the Victorian authoritahs the other day
What a bunch of @#$%s

ac@39
Site Sponsor

Post by ac@39 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:12 pm

dicky wrote:Don't tell anyone but I'm currently in Sydney, will be here for the next three weeks (excluding the weekends)
It's been a few years since I visited Sydney but not much seemed to have changed.
As I'm usually living in HK the major thing I notice about Syd (or even Melb for that matter) is women with blond hair and bit tits!
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the Melb tram inspectors but I'm sure if I ever have to use public transport I'd stuff it up.
The system in HK is so simple and effective I can't understand why it wasn't implemented in Australia.
no idea bout aussie transport but i grew up in HK ... too many moons ago... and transport was a really simple affair... never mind implement it in aus .. the bloody english of which i am one... could learn heaps from
inspired by san miguel

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:06 am

Got another letter from the Vic Govt the other day saying they had reviewed our case and circumstances but the fine still stands.
In the end, just gave up and PAID the bloody fine.............

Remember..........everything is illegal in Victoria!

davamb
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by davamb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:33 am

Sorry Bob, what did you actually get fined for? Nathan not having ident for concession or making the tram stop or ???
Ride Well!
Cheers, Dave.

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 am

Dave,

Nathan got fined for travelling on a concession MYKI pass without appropriate identification
That was roughly around Albert Park

We stopped the tram at St Kilda Pier when Chiara was able to get off the tram, but the doors shut, leaving her stranded in the middle of the road and us still stuck on the tram. She is only 11yo!

Two separate incidents, but happened within half an hour of each other on the same day.
You can kinda see why I don't want to go back there in a hurry?

Bob

davamb
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by davamb » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 am

What? So he had a valid Myki, but just didn't have the ID to confirm it??? That's a fine-carrying offence? You're kidding me.
Why am I incredulous?
I've got to tell you about my son, got fined $700 for carrying spray cans on a train station. He'd been painting one of his mate's skateboards and was coming home, cans in a cloth sling bag over his shoulder. Three transit police jumped him and forced him to the ground while a (real) policeman stood and watched. He'd committed no crime, but just carrying spray cans is all you need.
Ride Well!
Cheers, Dave.

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:20 am

Well, have you noticed how the police in Vic have nearly all black uniforms now?
Strikes a bit of 1930's Europe?

Bob

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:26 am

And I think his NSW Concession card would've probably not been valid in Vic so he would've got fined anyway.
Betcha the "authoritahs" down there rub their hands when there are big events on like the Australian Open, F1, MotoGP etc.
Lets see how many interstate and overseas visitors we can ensnare and lets see how much money we can make in fines?

Bob