Prices of TRX's

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Will the price go up, down or stay?

Go Up
64%
Go Down
7%
Stay
29%

Total votes: 55

devlin
Site Sponsor

Re: Prices of TRX's

Post by devlin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:27 pm

If you have all the original parts and you can get them all back to original condition then maybe. Depends how many people want a stock standard TRX. Just about everybody on here has modded there bike to some degree. A few still have them standard. The big thing is what someone values as a modification/improvement someone else will think its not so good. If you are going to keep I'd say make it the bike you want it to be. You more than likely will not get the stock condition value back for what it take to repair. Especially in the UK.
"Racing is life, everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Craigs902
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Craigs902 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:44 pm

Will agree with you on the way you want to keep and ride your bike is up to the indvidual, but look at Katana's for instance. You'll be lucky to get one here for less than $13000 now, the more stock (original) it is the more the value goes up. When i bought my TRX (2weeks ago) i had a look around for something that had style, was not like other bikes styling and had a bit of flair, this led me to the TRX. I think this bike will become a collectors bike in the very near future just like the Katana, as they look great sound great and have a great appeal. I'm already getting comments on mine about them being a collectors bike, and considering it's 18yrs old the styling holds its own to current bikes. I've been looking at most of the new bikes aslo and yes they look good, but a bit to extreme or radical in styling will they hold up to the test of time and will any of them stand out from the others ??? don't really know but they are all looking very similar in styling.
I believe in G.O.D (Growing Old Disgracefully)

devlin
Site Sponsor

Post by devlin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:21 am

True. I suppose that's where everyone's taste lies. I personally don't like the Katana and certainly wouldn't pay that much for one. While I love my TRX and would never sell it I've never been able to swallow the whole collectors premium price thing. My bike is a rare one off. Why is it not worth a bucket load of money? I'll pay good money for what it's mechanically worth and maybe a bit for some aesthetic design but low number collectible premium is more about one upmanship than true value :D
"Racing is life, everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:22 am

I know I could never recoup no where near the amount of money spent on my bike if I sold it complete unless purchased by someone who may want to add another jem to their collection of classics.
If just placed on the market not many would actually realise the true value and I'd get a lot more selling it for individual parts.
Over $3000 just on the head work and double that for the wheels and discs, I could buy 3 registered TRX's for that. :lol: :lol:
But it's an individual TRX that looks close to std but far from it.

I believe the TRX will be a cult bike purely now because of the molested looking cafe's that seems the flavour of the month.
But with the flood of Japanese imports being dumped in the country over the last 10 years it will be a while before a stock standard TRX will find a pricetag over $10,000.
Just over 2,000 TRX's where released in Australia in the 90's and I would not be surprised if that number is matched by Japanese imports now.
You only have to look at the ones for sale on the market and the number of Australian original TRX's are few and far between.
I could easily see 1/2 of those released in the 90's would have been written off plus they where quite popular for those who just wanted motors for their off road buggies so motors can be scarce.

laughter is the best medicine

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Post by Con Rod » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:34 am

It would be interesting to find out what this sells for...

It is about the tidiest, most original TRX I have seen. If you wanted a stocker you wont do much better........not cheap though
Last edited by dicky on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed busted bikesales link
Paul

Craigs902
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Craigs902 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:19 am

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:20 am

Access denied..????

EDIT...

Cheers Craig.. the blue jobbie looks like a nice bargain if you want 1 for your lounge room.. 8) 8)

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Post by Con Rod » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:44 am

yes the blue one with 7xxxkms
Paul

ricr378
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by ricr378 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:27 am

$5800 for what is basically a brand new bike is a bargain. not many around like that anymore unfortunately.

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 am

There is a lot of comment on facebook to the actual value of a ninetys sportsbike in a so called mint condition.
But the consensus is ,.a machine is only what someone is prepared to pay for it ..(there's a no brainer..!)...and the bike must have something to make it more desirable than say a new similar machine.
Therefore there is a lot in the upgrade engineering to the old classics which might give a piece of the old and the new...
This Katana is a good example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:07 pm

There is a mint condition Katana with wire wheels on the bike sales link too for $20,000.
The difference is things like Honda meat pies, Z900-1000's or early Sukuki katanas for example hold good value is because they where the bike of the era. Much like the Norton Comando's when I was growing up from the 60's.
You have your little obscure bikes like GPZ750 turbos, the 500 2 strokes, much like the TRX (in 10 years time) that came and went for a couple of years that have that appeal for us 40 and overs... :lol: :lol:

So true I say, your comments Alex,
The differe :lol: :lol: :lol: nce with engineering on a TRX compared to the Katana is The mighty TRX are well engineered and handle excellent for a basic motorcycle right from the start. ... :lol: :lol: :lol: abait the 15yrs difference since release.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ ... a%2082.htm

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Post by Con Rod » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Hey Cobba, you should post more pictures of your bike.......and while you are at it wind out some of the preload on the front :D
Paul

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:14 am

Preload is fine, that's a photo just after refitting the forks , you can see the difference on my trackday photos, cable tie sits further down about using 125mm travel, 10mm from topping out..

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Gotta love the description on this Gumtree add.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/greenwic ... 1083541268

Craigs902
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Craigs902 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:23 pm

What are you saying the Kat Engine wasn't a strong engine? If that's the case then why were so many used as drag bike engines? My engine was bullet proof I gave that bike a hammering till Mt. Glorious happened.