New to the Forum

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

flintstone
TRX-Enthusiast

New to the Forum

Post by flintstone » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi,
I've joined this forum to find out more about these great bikes.
My name is Fred and I'm from a town called Crowborough in East Sussex, England. I nearly purchased a new TRX in 1998 as it was offered with four years interest free credit, but I decided on a different model. Two months ago I was looking for another bike to ride to work and stumbled across a 1995 model in white with a red frame and I fell in love. Turns out that this bike came to the UK in 1997 from Japan (hope it's not restricted) as this colour was not available to the UK. It has a replacement fairing due to a car reversing into the parked TRX, knocking it over. I have converted the speedo to MPH with a little converter as it had a horrible set of stickers on the glass. I have not taken the TRX for a proper ride yet as there are a few little jobs I need to do before I'm happy with her. Will hopefully post a photo soon and will go for a good ride to make sure it's not restricted, even though the previous owner assured me it wasn't.

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Re: New to the Forum

Post by dicky » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:20 am

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you enjoy the bike. We all do!
If you have any questions or problems that need solving then here is the place to ask.

The easiest way to check if the bike is restricted is to look at the CDI unit under the seat and see what version it is.
Japanese bikes have a CDI marked 4NX. This restricts top speed through a sensor in the speedo.
Rest of World bikes have a CDI marked 4UN. They have no restrictions.
There a quite a few 4UN CDI units left spare as many of us have upgraded to a fully programmable CDI unit from Ignitiech.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Red Rex
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Red Rex » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:05 am

Welcome to the forum. =D>
You'll find pretty much all you need to know on here .... if you're new to the TRX there are a few tips on things like how to check the oil level , how to change the oil , best grades to use , etc, that are good to know. Plus a whole load of stuff to tempt you to spend money :D
Rubber side down, Red side up is my preferred riding style.

Stu99
Site Sponsor

Post by Stu99 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:05 am

G'day and welcome Fred.
Yabba Dabba Doo :!:
It must be true, I read it on the internet.

M.V.
Site Sponsor

Post by M.V. » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:44 pm

Welcome!

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:33 am

Is this your bike Fred ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.