DATATAG question

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

billy budge
Site Sponsor

DATATAG question

Post by billy budge » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:25 am

Hello to you all,
Im putting quite a few bits off my trx onto here and ebay at some stage as after my fightering project, theyre surplus to requirements.
Thing is, and i think this mainly applies to the chaps in blighty, what happens if i sell fairing parts that have my datatag number on??
Dont know if its a no no or what and theyre are impossible to remove.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Billy.
speeding?......me?.......with my reputation?

Nitro Gary
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Nitro Gary » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Billy Budge,

As far as i'm aware if you contact Datatag them selves you can have them Neutralised? or at least tell them where they are going. Other wise just write a contract between you and the buyer stating the they have bought them fitted to the spares legitimatly.

What spares have you got cause I would probably be interested as I threw mine down the road last week. see Dropped it thread....

PM me as Im close to you

Red Rex
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Red Rex » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:25 pm

I wouldn't ask DataTag to neutralize your records. Presumably you have tagged some of the stuff you are selling and a whole load of stuff you are keeping? If any of it gets nicked in the future, in the unlikely event of the plod being in the slightest interested and getting any back, it will be returned to you and it will be up to you to be honest and return to whoever you sold it on to.
PS I contacted DataTag when I went over my bike with the paint on dots and they told me I put them on anything I wanted to (helmet / leathers / boots / stereo / TV / DVD / the dog / etc etc) and anything stolen and traced will be returned.
Rubber side down, Red side up is my preferred riding style.

billy budge
Site Sponsor

Post by billy budge » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:23 am

Cheers boys,
top advice as ever, i wont bother to contact datatag and may get addresses off anyone who buys a tagged part from me. As you say if and when anything gets lifted and returned to me i could then foward it on to the relevant people.
Thanks again,

Billy
speeding?......me?.......with my reputation?