Dropped it

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:17 pm

LOL ^^^^^^^^^

I'm with you on the standard bikes Red :thumbleft:
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

HolerTogni
Site Sponsor

Post by HolerTogni » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:34 am

Red Rex wrote: Holer's "retro" is much nicer and with a half fairing and double bubble screen would be perfect.
Ey Red Rex, you mean something like that?

Nothing against four cylinders:
TRX 850 & Racetrack-TRiXie :twisted: 8)

Nitro Gary
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Nitro Gary » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:59 pm

Well,
The human damage consists of a broken rib, and sever bruising to the right shoulder hip and knee, concusion(?) and I need a new Arai. other than that I feel brand new

Nitro Gary
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Nitro Gary » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:09 pm

pinball wizard wrote:sorry to hear about the spill NG - hope u are both better soon. did mr fiesta stop and accept liability?
the guy in the Fiesta was more surprised than I was, It wasnt his fault, just the bloody council doing their bit to slow(sic) the traffic down. You know the thing where they narrow the road on a tight downhill, blind, bend outside a school and then allow traffic to park so there is one (very) narrow lane.

I was aiming for the gap on the inside and dropped the front wheel into the curb (gully) splat!!!!!!!!

It probably was his fault but i probably wasnt firing on both (mentally) at the time and didnt think to get info, (holiest of holy)... ho hum

Nitro Gary
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Nitro Gary » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:21 pm

One thing though is the Bungs really did their job and also the bracketry for the bellypan took alot of the impact.

strangley enough, the bolt that holds the rear caliper to the torque arm, has nearly ground away (bizarre eh).

Have been having second thoughts about SF'ing the TRX and am now looking at a blank peice of paper, having said that, the Retro look is cool i like the fairing, what is it from, or styled on??

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:25 pm

Looks like an old Duke 900ss one?
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:38 pm

poly26.com is what you want

Red Rex
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Red Rex » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:50 pm

If I'm being really honest Holer, I think the fairing is just a little out of scale with the rest of the bike, but I love the clean looks of the silver / black as well as the silver / silver version. Mind you any TRX is a good looking bike don't you think ... (except SF's)
Rubber side down, Red side up is my preferred riding style.

Red Rex
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Red Rex » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:53 pm

Tough luck about the busted rib Gary. I had one of them once and I don't want another. Try not to cough or laugh. Get well soon. RR.
Rubber side down, Red side up is my preferred riding style.

HolerTogni
Site Sponsor

Post by HolerTogni » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:09 pm

@Nitro Gary

No matter which way you go with your TRX-rebuild (but of course I hope not the figther way ... ) : I wish you a soon recovering from your injuries and further fun with your TRiXie!

@Red Rex:

Nah, maybe the tank is just a little too small for the fairing and the rear :roll: :wink:

But this style is my favourite if not pure stock.
Nothing against four cylinders:
TRX 850 & Racetrack-TRiXie :twisted: 8)

Kirk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Kirk » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:26 am

This was from the german trx website. Very neat IMHO.

JL4049

Post by JL4049 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:25 am

I like this look myself. I'm very partial to c1980 GS 1000, had one for a while, sold it to buy something faster, now wish someone made one with a cracking parallel twin!

Nitro Gary
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Nitro Gary » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:27 am

Red Rex wrote:Tough luck about the busted rib Gary. I had one of them once and I don't want another. Try not to cough or laugh. Get well soon. RR.
The funny thing is the reason I was going to the doctors is I have a chest infection, and so the coughing has become a bit of an experience, one that has to be planned, back against a wall and press back then cough.... OOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll try my best to give laughing a miss for a while.....