My keihin´s are way fat!?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

My keihin´s are way fat!?

Post by Killerwhale » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:38 pm

Well, today the trix was a real beast!
It could have been 15 degrees celsius out at the most and it went better than ever before!
Then it started to rain and the temp dropped a bit and it went even better!! I mean way difference from those 20+ degrees days that has been here beginning of fall.

Now remember i only got a sockfilter on there and it still seems as it runs fat....

I´ve tried to get an answer from both kaihin and sudco on wich number of jet´s that are shipped with the 41´s standard but they are worse than the Germans on answering on mail!

So whatcha reckon i should do? I do have smaller main air´s coming in...mains i bought bigger (i think i´ve read somewhere that it´s 155 mains on them!?) but it seems as i have to go downwards.

Max, you´ve went up didn´t you?? ....just can´t figure that one out as i guess your climate is somewhat warmer....

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:42 am

Mine is running a 155 on the left and a 160 on the right which seems about perfect for the 20 degree weather we have right now. It was way too rich (fat) during the 30+ summer heat though. My little ride out to take pictures the other day held a surprise on the way home when I whacked the throttle open and ran out of gears before I knew it (with a nice 2nd~4th gear wheelie along the way)! :D
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:12 am

Max wrote:Mine is running a 155 on the left and a 160 on the right which seems about perfect for the 20 degree weather we have right now. It was way too rich (fat) during the 30+ summer heat though. My little ride out to take pictures the other day held a surprise on the way home when I whacked the throttle open and ran out of gears before I knew it (with a nice 2nd~4th gear wheelie along the way)! :D
Just got to be something completely wrong with my bike then as it never been close to go up on the rear, maybe 5cm in second gear a couple of times...
Just HAVE to ask someone to film it so everybody can compare, as i never seen another trix IRL!

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Re: My keihin´s are way fat!?

Post by Killerwhale » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:21 pm

Killerwhale wrote: I´ve tried to get an answer from both kaihin and sudco on wich number of jet´s that are shipped with the 41´s standard but they are worse than the Germans on answering on mail!
At LAST i got the TRX spec on kehin 41´s:

150 Main Jet
48 Slow Jet
200 Main Air Jet
OC EMP/4 Jet needle
1,0 Fuel screw
1,5 Slow Air screw

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:17 pm

Just got to be something completely wrong with my bike then as it never been close to go up on the rear, maybe 5cm in second gear a couple of times...
You can wheelie just about anything with the right technique - it's just a matter of finding what suits you best.

Some like to clutch it up, others brings it up in first off the power (which is my preferred method as it is more controllable).

This is me at a wheelie school that we went to for a mate's stag do a few years ago (I kept getting a bollocking for not doing it like I was shown!) Most of the guys who went who had never wheelied before were pulling 1st gear wheelies all the way to the limiter (about 70 meters or so) and some were on the way to changing gear.

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:59 pm

phuk72 wrote:
You can wheelie just about anything with the right technique - it's just a matter of finding what suits you best.

Some like to clutch it up, others brings it up in first off the power (which is my preferred method as it is more controllable).

This is me at a wheelie school that we went to for a mate's stag do a few years ago (I kept getting a bollocking for not doing it like I was shown!) Most of the guys who went who had never wheelied before were pulling 1st gear wheelies all the way to the limiter (about 70 meters or so) and some were on the way to changing gear.
Well, i´m booring and think that there is a reason for two wheels so i´ll happily stick both on the tarmac!

...but if we talking about Max i read his post as the bike just went right up on gas in gear 2-4....and there are no way mine will do that!

honkdawillydahonk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by honkdawillydahonk » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:11 pm

Nice photo Pete! But you appear to be operating the throttle the wrong way..... :wink:
NEVER EAT ANYTHING BIGGER THAN YOUR HEAD

phuk72

Post by phuk72 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:18 pm

...but if we talking about Max i read his post as the bike just went right up on gas in gear 2-4....and there are no way mine will do that!
Nah - the TRX will not come up on the power in 2nd even if you bounce it off the forks. My money is on Max clutching it up (which to be fair is rather more controllable in 2nd).
Nice photo Pete! But you appear to be operating the throttle the wrong way.....
Well it is a Fazer!

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:40 am

Yes, there was some clutch work involved. Kinda hard to explain and not an exact science (only works under favorable conditions, like the bike running well, road angle (slight uphill grade), how much gas in the thing and what kind of mood I'm in...).

It's more of a (semi) short shift between first and second with a heavy tug on the bars timed with a quick release of the clutch. I have no idea what sort of RPMs I make the shift at (first to second), all seat of the pants.

I do remember the demo TRX ('95) I rode when they first released it over here would stand on its arse at 80kph in second if you clutched, tached up and dumped it while giving a tug. Stock pipes and soft rear spring might have had something to do with that. Mine won't to that today, higher gearing, hard spring, lightweight cans and the rear end jacked up probably why...

Also, please remember I have spent a good part of my life racing dirt bikes.
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:42 am

And Phuk, you need to turn "Smiley" into "Scarface"! :lol:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

phuk72

Post by phuk72 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:48 am

And Phuk, you need to turn "Smiley" into "Scarface"!
:lol: :lol: He's now a mangled mess!

Shifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Shifty » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:57 pm

U can put away the grinder then eh??

:wink:

phuk72

Post by phuk72 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:25 pm

U can put away the grinder then eh??
:lol: Never understood the sort of person who would do that. Do people really feel that inadequate :shock:

Shifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Shifty » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:27 pm

Well I deffo am inadequat, never had a kneedown.
But im easy, not the person to take the grinder. LOL I dont even have kneepads on my leathers.

Just to chicken to lean that deep i reckon. :oops:

phuk72

Post by phuk72 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:02 am

Nothing inadequate about not getting your knee down - especially if you don't ride on the track