My keihin´s are way fat!?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Kirk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Kirk » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:49 am

Someone mentioned in another post about the Irish road racers getting their knee down; i.e. they don't! After watching that clip and seeing the speeds those mad bastards are doing, I'll never bother thinking about getting my knee down at all 'cos it obviously ain't all that necessary on the road! :D

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:16 am

No, not necessary at all on the road. But I'll stick one down if it feels right! :wink:

As for that crazy Irish thing. Half of the video was wet or semi wet and the road surface (what little of it there was... goat path mostly!) didn't look to be the grippiest. Not to mention curbing, rock walls, telephone poles, pot holes and other assorted junk to stick a knee in. With the main 'straight' more closely resembling a supercross track, I bet the suspension setup wasn't very forgiving in the turns either! Give them some smoother surface and you would see them looking just like any other racer. Lotsa knees down on the I.O.M.
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

cheesie
Site Sponsor

Post by cheesie » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:49 am

Kirk wrote:Someone mentioned in another post about the Irish road racers getting their knee down; i.e. they don't! After watching that clip and seeing the speeds those mad bastards are doing, I'll never bother thinking about getting my knee down at all 'cos it obviously ain't all that necessary on the road! :D
sorry pal but I see them regulary put a knee down you should even see the classic racers do it at the tandragee races :shock:

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:08 pm

Yep, like I said that video that the thread was about ( http://trx850.motomaniac.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=563 )was mostly under semi wet conditions on a goat path. But there's no sense in trying to be a hero on the road if it doesn't feel right or happen naturally. Learn to do it on a track first is the best advice I could give on the subject. Then if you have the margin for error, or extra long legs there's no problem with doing it in a good section of road. Doing it by over-riding your own, or the road's limits just to be cool is... not cool. Chilly, and dangerous more like it.
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)