jdm front spring replacement

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

gurunik
TRX-Enthusiast

jdm front spring replacement

Post by gurunik » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:30 pm

OK. After a month or so of loverly bliss on my new Trixie, I'm coming around to the idea that the stock springs are shit. Dives like a bastard, pogos on and off throttle, something has to be done. Any tips on sourcing some springs in Australia? Who does what? And what diameter are they? Racetechtech looks good, all I can find. Springs first, then emulator voodoo.

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Re: jdm front spring replacement

Post by Rod.s » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:25 pm

https://racetech.com/ProductSearch/12/Y ... RX850/1996.

With the OZ dollar being smashed at the moment and international postage also being smashed!! the price for RaceTech springs are hefty :|
There are several on US ebay but with postage it's $270+
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:32 pm

Racetech, Wilbers, Wirth, Progressive Suspension, Ohlins...

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:01 am

Contact Paul at MPE. Suspension on the Sunshine Coast.
Tell him a number of guys from the trx forum recommended to contact MPE.
He has done a lot of work for a number of forum members over the years.
He’ll rebuild your rear shock /respring if needed too.
He’ll quiz you on riding style and weight for the correct springs to suit your needs.
laughter is the best medicine

Snod Blatter
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Snod Blatter » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:58 pm

Are you aware that the JDM (4NX) forks are slightly different internally? My springs were 39.5cm long and the whole washer/spring/spacer setup was 53cm. Of course you could get other spring lengths to work but you'll have to cut your own spacers to suit and you can't just follow the dimensions that someone else may be providing.

My blog post about fitting emulators to a 4NX for reference (yes I nicked it off this forum after the image host went under, I figured Blogger might be more permanent!)
'95 4NX with K&N filter, Motad Venom cans, YSS PD valves, Ohlins fork springs, 530 C+S, Green CDI, 11/16 radial master cylinder, +30mm jack up dog bones. Enjoyable money pit.

gurunik
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by gurunik » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:19 am

Some valuable infomation there, thanks ledgends. Will do my research before pulling shit to bits. Still on the mission of finding brembo caliper seals, but seems KTMs of 90's era used them. The joys of an import!!!!! I do like special bikes though!!!!! :shock: Stop comes before bounce in my book. But gee she goes hard, in a real world on the the road sorta way. Perfect.

Snod Blatter
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Snod Blatter » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 pm

I bought a couple of Ducati kits, 916s and a few more all used the same calipers.
'95 4NX with K&N filter, Motad Venom cans, YSS PD valves, Ohlins fork springs, 530 C+S, Green CDI, 11/16 radial master cylinder, +30mm jack up dog bones. Enjoyable money pit.

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Post by Rod.s » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:33 pm

gurunik wrote:Some valuable infomation there, thanks ledgends. Will do my research before pulling shit to bits. Still on the mission of finding brembo caliper seals, but seems KTMs of 90's era used them. The joys of an import!!!!! I do like special bikes though!!!!! :shock: Stop comes before bounce in my book. But gee she goes hard, in a real world on the the road sorta way. Perfect.
http://www.trx850.com/phpBB_forum/viewt ... 36&t=12524
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!