Australian wiring diagram

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Binnsy
TRX-Enthusiast

Australian wiring diagram

Post by Binnsy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Hey all, I've spent hours going through the resources available but haven't turned up anything I can use.

I'm wiring up an ignitech and wondering if anyone can tell me the pin layout for an Australian loom, or if someone has a wiring diagram. I've looked at the original yamaha diagram and the Haynes in the downloads section (props to the uploaders). The oroblem is that neither diagram seems to match up with what I have.

Eg. My ignition switch only has 4 wires, and the diagrams show 6.

Cheers
-Binnsy

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Re: Australian wiring diagram

Post by dicky » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:58 pm

Cobba has posted previously http://www.trx850.com/phpBB_forum/viewt ... 53#p105153 and http://www.trx850.com/phpBB_forum/viewt ... 54#p105154
The two heavy wires, Red and Brown/Blue, are connected together when the switch is on.
The two smaller wires, Blue/Yellow and Blue/Black, are connected together when the switch is off.
Do not connect all four together, Red is battery and Blue/Yellow is earth, so you'll blow the main fuse.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Binnsy
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Binnsy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 am

Hi there dicky, thanks for the reply. My question was regarding the pins for an ignitech unit though. I used the difference between ignition barells as an example as it seems to be a common issue on this forum.

The wiring instructions with the ignitech unit are pretty vague, and about half of the colours they reference are actually present in my loom.
"Mother Nature just pissed her pantsuit!" Tropic Thunder

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by dicky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:22 am

I don't know what loom you have on your bike, but the stock ECU wiring is the same the world over and the Ignitech just plugs straight in, assuming that you got it with the adapter loom.
If you don't have the adapter loom then there is a doc on the Ignitech web site that has the TCIP4 to TRX wiring.
https://www.ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/tcip/tcip4%20manual
If none of the colours in your loom match up then it must me some weird thing from another dimension and you'll have to buzz it out to find the right wires.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Binnsy
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Binnsy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:18 am

Thanks again Dicky. I had already been around in circles trying to get the answers before I posted on here. Having been a lurker for the better part of a decade, i didnt want to be the lazy poster that gets jumped on for not searching first.

I bought this unit from bikeside.de as a trx850 specific unit, but an adapter cable didn't come with it when i bought it, so I'm pinning-up (trying to) the 20-pin connector that came with it

That manual you linked to is what i'm working from. It list 11 connections, and there are 11 wires going into the factory CDI, however the colours don't match up. That was why i was hoping someone had already done it. I've gone back over the Yamaha manual and found that the wire colours do match up to my loom - but the haynes diagram doesn't.

I've managed to make most of the connections, however I'm stuck on a couple of wires.

According to the TRX850 install manual on the ignitech website, pin 3 should be connected to the blue/red wire which they describe as the fuel pump relay. My TRX, and the reading I've done suggests most stock TRX's, dont have an electric fuel pump (or electric cut-off). I also don't have a blue/red wire, and cant fathom what +12V connection would be required.

Pin 8 should be connected to "black (beside blue/yellow)" and is for "Blocking input". I take that to mean the starter cut-off relay. I believe this should be the blue/black wire which runs to the ignition switch, but i'm not certain.

Pin 16 should be "black/blue" and is for "ground for sensors". Black/blue seems to run to the pick-up along with blue/yellow.

This leaves me with the light green unattached. From the diagram it looks like part of the cut-out relay but i'm not sure.

I tried to copy the table across from that link to illustrate what i was talking about, but i cant do it in a neat or legible fashion.

I guess the most useful thing i could ask for in this instance would be a photo of the bike-end of the adapter loom, if anyone has it handy.

In the mean-time i will keep trying with the multimeter.

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Pin 8 should be Input 1, a custom input signal for you to use. Say if you want Quick Shifter. If you don't, just ignore and make sure function is Off in unit. Mine for some reason is connected to blue/black on bike side which ends up at Starter Circuit cut-off after going through ignition. Can't do anything as long as pin is off in TCI so don't really know why it's that way.

Pin 3 would be Output 1, yours to customize too. Shift light could be one thing. If not used... Mine runs to connection 6 in the block and then empty.

Don't know how much these images help...

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:50 am

Or contact Ignitech and just get the adaptor loom $16 US from memory.
laughter is the best medicine

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Out of interest. Did they say what version of the software was loaded into the Ignitech???
It may have a sticker where the pins are with a V and 2 numbers
laughter is the best medicine