Highway ‘misfire’. / stutter

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Re: Highway ‘misfire’. / stutter

Post by Rod.s » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:53 am

Snod Blatter wrote:
cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:I bought a pair of the cheaper inlet manifold rubbers and had issues tightening them to seat correctly and they would start to pull to one side when nipping them up.
A little sideways movement on the carbies and it would pop off.
Problem sorted by fitting genuine ones from Yamaha.
I honestly had no such problems, the only difference was that the holder nubs for the jubilee clips were on the opposite side so tightening the screws was even more awkward than the original ones. But they fitted perfectly :dontknow:
The Chinese ones are from a four cylinder Yamaha, so you'll get three lefts and a right or the opposite! With the TRX they send two so you may get a mixture of either lefts to rights :D :D :D
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!

Snod Blatter
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Snod Blatter » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Ahhh that makes sense!

I'll keep an eye on mine then, they're already over a year old (feels like 5 minutes, I must be getting old).
'95 4NX with K&N filter, Motad Venom cans, YSS PD valves, Ohlins fork springs, 530 C+S, Green CDI, 11/16 radial master cylinder, +30mm jack up dog bones. Enjoyable money pit.

Gurkmaster
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Gurkmaster » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi Nikonbloke, if the problem still exists: try setting the fuel vent to „pri“ and try again driving with massive load on high revs. If the problem does not show up with this configuration, then the source of the problem is the fuel pump. I had the same behaviour and the problem was solved after exchanging the pump (which can easily done within minutes). Maybe you can also try out a borrowed pump from another bike.

Good source for spare parts is http://www.kedo.de they‘re specialized on older Yamaha bikes.

Ciao
Chris