Yzf forks

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Yzf forks

Post by jjmoto » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:12 pm

I've bought some yzf forks & got a bottom yoke arriving shortly, do I need the Trx stem for the bearings to fit or is it longer than the yzf one? All Balls in the USA do front end bearing conversion kits. Also I know I have to modify the fork lowers to fit my blue spots & I believe that if you use Yamaha discs the bobbins interfere with blue spot pads so was thinking of running aprilia or Ducati discs. Final question want to retain my renthal superbike bars does a stock yzf yoke have a flat top?
Cheers Jon

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Yzf forks

Post by Tarwetijger » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:32 pm

jjmoto wrote:I've bought some yzf forks & got a bottom yoke arriving shortly, do I need the Trx stem for the bearings to fit or is it longer than the yzf one? All Balls in the USA do front end bearing conversion kits. Also I know I have to modify the fork lowers to fit my blue spots & I believe that if you use Yamaha discs the bobbins interfere with blue spot pads so was thinking of running aprilia or Ducati discs. Final question want to retain my renthal superbike bars does a stock yzf yoke have a flat top?
Cheers Jon
Yes you have to swap the TRX stem to the YZF bottom yoke.
Correct, little modification to fit the bluespots.
Also correct you need Aprilia/Ducati discs, these have more 'braking area' compared to the genuine YZF discs.
The YZF top yoke is not entirely flat.