Vacuum hose

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

ac@39
Site Sponsor

Vacuum hose

Post by ac@39 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Can some one have look at their vacuum hose from the fuel pump that goes to the right hand inlet stub. When the bike is at idle the hose - on mine - is visibly pulsing/ collapsing, blip the throttle and it all opens up
Is this normal ?

The other vacuum hose does not behave like this - it maybe I just need a thicker walled hose but if someone can check what theirs are doing please would be great.
inspired by san miguel

OzzieDave
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Vacuum hose

Post by OzzieDave » Sun May 13, 2018 4:37 am

I replaced the original rubber hoses when I bought mine almost two years ago, I used an automotive silicon vacuum hose, 5mm ID, they seem to be holding up well, also much cheaper than OEM hoses if you can get them.
Proudly Aspergian. Yellow 98 TRX850, Staintune mufflers, braided brake hoses, blue spot brakes, remote control ignition switch, Ignitech ECU. 17/42 525 chain.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sun May 13, 2018 9:33 am

Remember the fuel pump vacuum hose will be pushing fluid but the other is only opening the fuel tap to allow fuel to flow.
laughter is the best medicine

ac@39
Site Sponsor

Post by ac@39 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Have ordered new hose to be on safe side , seeing it pulse wasn’t too bad as attached to fuel pump but the appearance of it virtually collapsing didn’t seem right
inspired by san miguel