Quick question about vibration (oooooer)

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

cakeman
TRX-Enthusiast

Quick question about vibration (oooooer)

Post by cakeman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 am

Eyup folks,
Just a quickie regarding my newly rebuilt TRX, I've noticed a certain amount of vibration through the pegs between 3.5k - 4k, nothing through the bars or seat just the pegs.
Took the bike out for it's first decent outing on Monday night and there is a certain tingling through the pegs throughout the rev range but I put this down to the footrest rubbers being missing (ordered a new pair) and it is more noticeable depending which boots I wear lol but the main patch of vibration is at 3.5-4k, don't know if this is normal on the TRX......So far I've checked
Chain and sprockets (new) currently running 17/42
Engine mounting bolts (all torqued)
TPS (cock on)
All the exhaust mounting bolts (the one underneath is missing)
I don't know if it's normal for this little patch of vibration and it's not exactly jack hammer like just curious. Engine purrs so I don't think it's anything mechanical.
Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Rich

BigAl-TC
Site Sponsor

Re: Quick question about vibration (oooooer)

Post by BigAl-TC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 am

Mine vibes in the same range, for the last hundred thousand k's. I just ride around it, or above it :shock: :lol:
Cheers,
Alan.

cakeman
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Quick question about vibration (oooooer)

Post by cakeman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:16 am

BigAl-TC wrote:Mine vibes in the same range, for the last hundred thousand k's. I just ride around it, or above it :shock: :lol:
Good to know...cheers....thought I might be being a little over sensitive lol :lol: