No sparks

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

baverhae
TRX-Enthusiast

No sparks

Post by baverhae » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 pm

I have placed new pistons (CP, high compression). Engine back in the frame but no sparks on the new plugs... ;-(
Bobines are ok, bobine caps are ok, all fuses are ok... new battery, new plugs...and no: it's not the kill switch ;-)
And tomorrow I have a track day... Ignition dead?? How can I check that?

Thanks in advance guys
Owner of a red TRX with a 900 engine, 39mm Mikuni flatslides, 2-1 large bore stainless steel systeem (projection-components), R6 front and back suspension, FZR 1000 swingarm and wheels ... and with water, oil and fuel only 185kg.

Overlord Neil
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: No sparks

Post by Overlord Neil » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Is the rest of the electrical system working, do you get the neutral light on?

I'f you've had the whole engine out and it was working before, I'd check you've got your're earth points back correctly and they're not corroded etc. If the bike did work but now doesn't its unlikely that something has failed whilst you were fettling the engine. Far more likely that something isn't were it should be, have a really good go over the bike and check for any stray leads, then its the painful task of checking all the connectors. Hope it helps.
C90, TS50, H100, H100, CB250, GS500, Tiger 955i, TRX850, Tuono, ZZR600, CBR954RR

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 am

There is an earth strap up near the coil mount plus one on the top sump cover bolt.
If you have power but no spark,
Look for issues with your cut out switches including at the clutch lever and the side stand switch.
If you have used a different 2 or 4 pole key ignition. Red and black 15 amp cables are your power.
The 2 smaller striped cables also impact on your cut out switch/ ECU.
It was a couple of years ago when I did mine and can't remember if the 2 striped cables are isolated from each other or joined to make the curcuit. Joined together or isolated which ever way, they earth the ECU through the cut out switch curcuit.
laughter is the best medicine

baverhae
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by baverhae » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 pm

I think that I'm going to make a new wiring loom :?
The last year I removed the dashboard, lights, etc.... I just have a temp. gauge and a tacho...and eliminated the rest. Maybe there is something wrong in what left of the electric system. :oops:
The 2 smaller striped cables also impact on your cut out switch/ ECU.
That's also a option... #-o

Thanks for the advice guys
Owner of a red TRX with a 900 engine, 39mm Mikuni flatslides, 2-1 large bore stainless steel systeem (projection-components), R6 front and back suspension, FZR 1000 swingarm and wheels ... and with water, oil and fuel only 185kg.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:21 am

The 2 striped wire and black and red 15 amp wires I referred to are connected to to your ignition barrel. If you havev't changed this I'd look at your cut out switches and neutral wire from the gearbox.
The single bullet connector near your rear shock reservoir
laughter is the best medicine

baverhae
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by baverhae » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:30 am

Found the problem...
The single bullet connector
...stupid that I missed this one, it took me a trackday.