Clutch not releasing fully when turned off

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Trev850
TRX-Enthusiast

Clutch not releasing fully when turned off

Post by Trev850 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:41 am

Hi
Since ive had my trixie ive felt that ive had to ride the clutch bit like riding a 2 stroke wasn't sure if that was normal for these things didn't seem to worry it. But i noticed the other day moving the bike while in gear and clutch in it wouldn't roll at all like the clutch wasnt even in. Ive had the cable off and inspected it seems ok refitted andjusted cable still the same. Even tried over adjusting cable to try get clutch to disengage but still no good. Has anyone had this issue. Im going to get a new clutch kit springs and all the plates, is there anything else i should be looking out for while its apart?

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: Clutch not releasing fully when turned off

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 am

if I let the track bike I bought sit for too long without riding, the clutch plates would bind together and it was a bit of a pain in the arse.
I'd push start it and knock it into gear and a quick ride around the block, all would be good again.
Low Rpm power issues Sounds like your TRX still has the Std ECU or in need of a carby kit due to the nature of the down draught carbies. ???? Carbies need a kit every 20,000-30,000km.
laughter is the best medicine

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Trev850, what oil are you using, bike specific or a car multi grade?
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

ekoja
Site Sponsor

Post by ekoja » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:19 am

Try the simple things first.
If the clutch plates are sticking as Cobba said, another method is to engage first gear, pull the clutch in and rock the bike back and forth. If it is sticky clutch plates they should free up.
If that don"t work ...I've no :idea:

Trev850
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Trev850 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 am

Hi guys
Sorry for late reply been busy. Atm shes been my daily ride, oil i used a Penrite 15w-50 bike specific grade oil as off their lube guide. Yes as far as i know all standard as far as a carby rebuild i havent done but the bike seems to run fine.

spiritedride
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by spiritedride » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:52 am

Hi Trev, I have three TRX's and they all get the sticky clutch exactly as you describe if they sit for a couple of weeks.Simply sit on the bike ( engine not running ) click into second gear and walk yourself forward with a rocking motion,once free the clutch will perform as it should.

spiritedride
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by spiritedride » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:01 am

Forgot to mention to hold in the clutch lever as you walk forward.