help please..where are these from.

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

techfurby
TRX-Enthusiast

help please..where are these from.

Post by techfurby » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:51 pm

ok so undertook the job of doing the cam chain..followed the haynes manual took Lots of photos. now that we are doing the reassemble I go to empty the oil pan =*edit_from under the cam chain side*= and I find these 2 rubber collars?? or something in the bottom..go through all my pictures and everything but can't find where they go or what they are.
I'm thinking something to do with the oil pump on the right hand side. any help please.im uploading the photos to a website with 2 pictures of the pump. if anyone can help or recognize them that would be great.i don't want to put it back together until I can be sure of what they are or where from. everything else is reassembled.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ymln ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by techfurby on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Re: help please..where are these from.

Post by alextrx850 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Is the oil catch pan used for other jobs as well ?
Can't see how the size of those collars could pass through the drain bolt holes.

techfurby
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by techfurby » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:55 pm

sorry not through the the drain bolt..on the cam chain side. I found them in the catch tray under the bike after removing the oil pump cover and pumps. they must have fallen into the oil and being rubber and black we didn't notice them fall. so I am unsure of where they go or fit.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:01 am

Have a look on the case itself . The is a bush and a seal that links the case and scavenge pump. It feeds the oil from the scavenge pump and out of the top of the case back to the sump....
laughter is the best medicine

techfurby
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by techfurby » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:35 pm

I think you are referring to the thinner seal. yamaha refer to it as a collar. it sleeves a metal down that connects from the pump to the pump cover? the fatter rubber which is offset on the pickers it's the thicker one..i took it two ex yamaha pitmans service department and spare parts and talked to afew guys and they seem to think it's a external rubber. maybe a spacer or covers a line some where..they are pretty confident it's not a internal seal by the way it's made? any one seen anything like this before on there bike or fairing or so? maybe around a line?

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Tarwetijger » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Oh the left one on the picture does look familiar. But can't remember exactly which one. :oops:
I thought nr. 72 on this view (oil filter cover):
But that collar is a metal one, right? :-k

techfurby
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by techfurby » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:34 pm

5 and 6 in this picture is sorted.. i will check to see 72..but i didnt pull the oil filter or that apart.. but will check it out tonight..

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:55 am

The thinner one is the rubber seal from pump to case correct??? The larger one... :-k :-k Is it possible on of the cam cover bolt seals has torn the flat top section off and the cylindrical body fallen down the cam chain galley???
laughter is the best medicine

techfurby
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by techfurby » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:11 am

yes correct..im gonna look at where you are talking once I get home.. also maybe I have a aftermarket exhaust so could be off that..

techfurby
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by techfurby » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:07 am

ok so this still needs a home..still very stumped. it's a weird one it looks like it fits over something for the fact it's tapered inside..so pretty sure it's not a seal or so.. any more ideas..i have looked in all the manuals and at the parts people have said and still no idea or success.

techfurby
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by techfurby » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:03 pm

could it be a cap that sits over spark plug???

Excalibre
Site Sponsor

Post by Excalibre » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:08 am

Did you remove the exhaust?

I think it might be the rubber part of the damper where the exhaust header bracket bolts to the bottom of the the engine.

The damper part no. is 36Y-27414-00
Yamaha-Nos-Bush-Fz600-Fzr750-Fzr1000-36Y-27414-00.jpg
part #2 in this plagiarised image
YA-TRX-850_ak.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black '99: Race Tech fork springs/emulators, R6 Shock, FCR41's, Modified airbox with K&N filter, Omrae carbon mufflers, R1 brakes, Toby steering damper, and;
Black '01: unmodified, 100% original, and;
'95 Import: Track Bike - too much to list

techfurby
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by techfurby » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:36 pm

only just removed the exhaust didn't have any dampners lol. atm the bike has suspected big end bearing issues..going by the noise it's making and the shards of what look to be copper colored through the motor