Not starting after changing emulsion tubes

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Crazluke
TRX-Enthusiast

Not starting after changing emulsion tubes

Post by Crazluke » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Hello was wondering if anyone could tell me what the problem might be I changed emulsion tubes two days ago and I havnt been able to get the bike started ive had the carbs apart multiple tines checking and everything seems fine ive checked the piping that seems to be fine too I just can't get my head around it any advice would be appreciated

Excalibre
Site Sponsor

Re: Not starting after changing emulsion tubes

Post by Excalibre » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:34 am

Are the two vacuum hose connected correctly? One goes to the fuel tap and one to the fuel pump.
Check for kinked hoses too.
Pretty sure if you do a search there's a couple of threads covering what goes where.
Black '99: Race Tech fork springs/emulators, R6 Shock, FCR41's, Modified airbox with K&N filter, Omrae carbon mufflers, R1 brakes, Toby steering damper, and;
Black '01: unmodified, 100% original, and;
'95 Import: Track Bike - too much to list

Crazluke
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Crazluke » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Yeah everything seems to be connected properly im just not getting fuel into the float bowls thetes no trapped or cinked tubes I cant understand why its not working

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:55 am

prime the carbies for 10 seconds using the prime (middle - horizontal) position on the fuel tap then back to on position...
If it starts and runs till the bowls are empty, just follow the trail back, Fuel in--kink in line , blockage in filter at carby attachment point ,vacuum lines correct to fuel pump and fuel tap from each inlet manifold stub. Fuel tank... prime again then try reserve.
laughter is the best medicine