Drawing/Dimensions Std TRX Steering Stem

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Deano
TRX-Enthusiast

Drawing/Dimensions Std TRX Steering Stem

Post by Deano » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Hello guys,

I am doing the YZF transplant very soon and would like to use a new stem so that I can retain my std front end.

I'm struggling in the UK to get another without paying a breaker to retire in the Seychelles, so as I have a lathe fancy making one myself. It will add a bit more to the project too and I can select the material.

I have searched the site but cant find dimensions or a drawing. Does anyone know a link to a drawing or, could anyone with a stem to hand offer to measure it and provide dimensions or a sketch?

I could of course wait until my bike is stripped but it would be nice to crack on.

Thanks again Ladies and Gents,

Deano.

Deano
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Drawing/Dimensions Std TRX Steering Stem

Post by Deano » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Problem solved, just found a lower yoke on evilbay

Deano

Overlord Neil
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Overlord Neil » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Deano

Have you found the TRXproject blog? The guy that runs the blog has done an R1 front end swap and put the drawings for the crowns up. Its another source of information if nothing else.

I bought a second stem with top and bottom crown as I've got a set of conventional R6 forks I want to drop in my bike.
C90, TS50, H100, H100, CB250, GS500, Tiger 955i, TRX850, Tuono, ZZR600, CBR954RR

Deano
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Deano » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Hey Neil,

I've had a quick squint at it, yes. I will be fitting Coxylaad's old YZF front end at the end of the month.

Cheers,
Deano.