Carbs

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

ac@39
Site Sponsor

Carbs

Post by ac@39 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:37 am

I have 2 carbs, one is currently on the engine and is different to the loose one. The loose one has some gubbins on it as shown, a little lever going to a small piston type of thing in a rubber sleeve, is it a trx carb? and if so why would the bits be removed? if it is a trx carb would it be better or worse than what is currently sitting on the engine? if its not from a trx does anyone know which bike its from?( i have looked on a schematic for a trx carb and cant see it)
carb1.jpg
carb2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
inspired by san miguel

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Re: Carbs

Post by dicky » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 am

Hmm...
The pics are very small and it's a hit hard to see what is what, but if you say the one on the bench has some kind of external linkage, then my guess would be that this carb is made by Keihin, while the on one the bike is made by Mikuni.
Mikuni carbs are standard for the TRX. They are a CV type carb which work well enough under all conditions are are fairly economical on fuel.
Keihin carbs, particularly their FCR version, are often used as after market go fast bits. They squirt fuel into the engine every time you twist the throttle (via the external linkage you described), they can be tuned to give more power than a CV equipped bike.
If you can link to bigger pics then I'm sure we can advise in more detail.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:49 am

dicky wrote:Hmm...
The pics are very small and it's a hit hard to see what is what, but if you say the one on the bench has some kind of external linkage, then my guess would be that this carb is made by Keihin, while the on one the bike is made by Mikuni.
Mikuni carbs are standard for the TRX. They are a CV type carb which work well enough under all conditions are are fairly economical on fuel.
Keihin carbs, particularly their FCR version, are often used as after market go fast bits. They squirt fuel into the engine every time you twist the throttle (via the external linkage you described), they can be tuned to give more power than a CV equipped bike.
If you can link to bigger pics then I'm sure we can advise in more detail.
IIRC the Japanese bikes had fugs with acc pump on them...

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Yep Killer..Std TRX BDST 38mm CV Mikuni's have an acc.pump fitted to the Japanese imports.
laughter is the best medicine

ac@39
Site Sponsor

Post by ac@39 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:54 pm

both are carbs are mikuni.. as they are so different from each other is one better than the other... sorry bout small pics no idea why they came out like that
inspired by san miguel