EXHAUST BALANCE PIPE

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Trx envy
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: EXHAUST BALANCE PIPE

Post by Trx envy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Ok, so the Yoshi X-pipe kind of annoyed me, it has the two headers dumping abruptly into a cavernous bit of pressed 2 1/4" which then has the two 2 1/8" link pipes intruding in to create a large anti-anti-reversion (pro -reversion?) chamber which i could only assume was either to make manufacture easier or to create some kind of pulse tuning.
So instead of cutting and gutting it I gave Yoshi the benefit of the doubt and made my own, proper 10* merger which starts to open exactly where the stock bridgepipe is (which also effectively lengthens the Yoshi headers by about 50mm) into a 60* merger for the link pipes. All unobstructed smooth transitions and die-ground. It looks like a four year old did the welding but its an elegant shape and looks better on the bike.
Any who, It feels like has more punch down low now, more up top, sounds crisper more everywhere and developes a real note up high. Pretty happy.
The only thing is this yoshi system has 1 1/2" headers going into 2 1/8" link pipes, seems a mismatch in size for a 2 into 2, but just about spot on for a 2 into 1, which will be my next trick i think.
Last edited by dicky on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the image link, needed .jpg at the end of the address

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Tarwetijger » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:11 am

I don't have a clou if this will work or not, all I wanted to say was that it is awesome that you can make such a thing! =D>

Trx envy
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Trx envy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:35 pm

Thanks man. It is far from professional work, and i don't really know if it works either but the butt dyno likes it and placebo effect or whatever.. *shrug*