Raising the Bar (or mods for oldies)

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

TedsTRX
Site Sponsor

Raising the Bar (or mods for oldies)

Post by TedsTRX » Tue May 28, 2013 5:05 am

Having had my TRX for a bit, I came to the conclusion that as a decrepid old boy I needed to get the bars up a bit to ease my ancient wrists.
I didnt want a full tube bar conversion as I wanted to retain a stock look. I perused the site and found a few ideas but came up with these.
the 17mm height of the spacers is what suits me best (is also about as high as you can get), but obviously you can make them whatever height you like to suit yourself. Obviously you need 2 of each. (Just a note to say that the 41mm inside diameter needs to be 41 plus clearance say 41.3 or 41.5)

Took the piccy to a fella who machines stuff up locally and he knocked up these.

Ally would probably be best, but he only had mild steel, so I gave them a quick coat of clear. 20 minutes later they were on. I just had to buy 2 M6x50mm high tensile allen head bolts to fit.

It's amazing what difference just 17mm makes on the wrists. You could probably get away with out any spacers at all and just have the pinch bolts hold them to the fork tubes, but these make positioning it all a bit easier, holds the bar in place (stopping it belting the tank) should it ever fall off stand or something equally horrible.

Hope this is of assistance to someone,
Regards Ted