Replacement Cans Suggestions Please

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Carlb1058
TRX-Enthusiast
Location: Born In Wales, Live In OZ - I still ain't found the damn wizard yet!!

Replacement Cans Suggestions Please

Post by Carlb1058 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Finally spent some time on the bike yesdee and whoever decided to gut the stock cans must have left an empty shell on the left and half done jobby on the right so as you can well imagine, the noise made is out of balance and BLOODY HORRENDOUS!!

Just looking for suggestions for replacements that aren't going to set me back an obscene amount of money, the likes of Akro or similar are way outta my budget, I could buy a set but you'd all be reading about the woman who dissected her husband while he slept!!

So I'm open to realistic suggestions as to what may fit remembering my cans are kernackered so slicing the head pipe ends off to fit something else isn't an issue

So in short they need to A) work (no rejetting etc) :wink: and B) tone the noise down a bit. . .

TIA
Cheers
Carl
--------------
Damn this fine line between genious and insanity, I can never remember what side I'm s'posed to be on!!
'98 Model in Laverda Arancio
TRX, the thinking mans Ducati

fung
Site Sponsor

Re: Replacement Cans Suggestions Please

Post by fung » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 pm

hiya carl :-)
Alex may still have a pair or two of cans for sale.
Give him a pm maybe.
Cheers
Fung
:rr :
I WOULD RATHER WEAR OUT THAN RUST

Snod Blatter
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Snod Blatter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Mine has some Motad Venom cans on it and they're a bit too loud at night but fine during the day, if you get what I mean. The dyno printout I have from before it was set up also shows the power was just the same up to 7K RPM where it tailed off, after being set up it apparently pulls right through to 8K. Not sure if they're set up like this as standard though? But yeah, fine without being set up (below 7K) and a nice tone.
Last edited by Snod Blatter on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
'95 4NX with K&N filter, Motad Venom cans, YSS PD valves, Ohlins fork springs, 530 C+S, Green CDI, 11/16 radial master cylinder, +30mm jack up dog bones. Enjoyable money pit.

zednine
Site Sponsor

Post by zednine » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 am

Motad have been selling these off lately and they seem to go for about £160 a pair depending on the bidding

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160953550033? ... 1423.l2649

Carlb1058
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Carlb1058 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 am

fung wrote:hiya carl :-)
Alex may still have a pair or two of cans for sale.
Give him a pm maybe.
Cheers
Fung
:rr :
Cheers Fung - forgot Alex and his bench full of cans :D
Cheers
Carl
--------------
Damn this fine line between genious and insanity, I can never remember what side I'm s'posed to be on!!

Carlb1058
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Carlb1058 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 am

Cheers Snod n Zed - those cans are in the UK and a lot of UK sellers refuse to ship to the otherside of the planet, even for little stuff :evil: Anyhoo I found a mob called MC Performance who retail the Motad Venom here in Oz but their site doesn't have a price list which usually means scary prices but I sent em an email anyway.
Cheers
Carl
--------------

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:20 am

Generic 2" (50.8mm) bore race cans will do you, just have some link pipes made up and buy a couple of hangers off Ebay. You`ll be able to find `insert` type baffles on Ebay too if you`re concerned about the boom from them. :wink:
TRX`s are not affected badly by race cans weakening their mixture off, they tend to be set up a tad rich as stock.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

rbaron25
Site Sponsor

Post by rbaron25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:24 am

Couple of mobs in Bris make good exhausts might be worth checking out... Fung put me onto a guy Tranzac near capalaba who did a great job on my pipes and Pipemasters motorcycle Exhausts
41 Allison Street
Mayne 4006
Queensland
I didn't see you...
Cause you didn't bloody look!

Yoozy
Site Sponsor

Post by Yoozy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 am

A GUT FULL OF ALE AND A HEAD FULL OF MAGIC

www.tuonoworld.com

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 am

Carlb1058 wrote:Cheers Snod n Zed - those cans are in the UK and a lot of UK sellers refuse to ship to the otherside of the planet, even for little stuff :evil:
There are a couple of people on the forum (me included) who will act as middle-man to help out in cases like that. You just pay the extra shipping and we'll receive it/re-post it on to you (and offer an all-expenses paid holiday to Oz of course :wink: hehe)
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Carlb1058
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Carlb1058 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Jak wrote:There are a couple of people on the forum (me included) who will act as middle-man to help out in cases like that. You just pay the extra shipping and we'll receive it/re-post it on to you (and offer an all-expenses paid holiday to Oz of course :wink: hehe)
Ta V Much I'll do some hunting and see what I can come up with - btw, was that a summer or winter holiday :D
Cheers
Carl
--------------

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Carlb1058 wrote: btw, was that a summer or winter holiday :D
either!! :lol: even winter in Oz beats summer in the UK!!! I'm sitting here looking out at frozen flooded fields waiting for the blizzard that's forecast to arrive overnight tonight!!! You made the right move (me jealous? much?!!) 8)
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Carlb1058
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Carlb1058 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Jak wrote:
either!! :lol: even winter in Oz beats summer in the UK!!! I'm sitting here looking out at frozen flooded fields waiting for the blizzard that's forecast to arrive overnight tonight!!! You made the right move (me jealous? much?!!) 8)
Late Autumn, Winter and early Spring are about the only nice times here to ride - as far as I'm concerned. I gave up riding in temps greater than 35 a looooooooooong time ago, wind burn hurts and if you choose the 'let's cover up so we don't get wind burn' route you end up with heat stroke. Nope been there done that I'll pass thank you very much. People still do ride here in 40 plus temps, saw one last week on a Monster, yep he was dealing with the heat real well in his shorts, vest and flip flops - oh he was wearing a full face helmet so it was all good :tool:

Oh and I soooo miss the snow :shock: yes, the doctors have told me and I've got the certificate to prove it, yes I'm certifiable :lol:
Cheers
Carl
--------------

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Jak wrote:
Batten down those hatches Jak, seems like you`ll be hardest hit down by there all over again! :roll:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Carlb1058 wrote:Oh and I soooo miss the snow :shock: yes, the doctors have told me and I've got the certificate to prove it, yes I'm certifiable :lol:
you can have some of ours any time!!! thought you had snow in the Blue Mountains sometimes?
Mincehead wrote:Batten down those hatches Jak, seems like you`ll be hardest his down by there all over again! :roll:
I know - they've only just opened our local main road (under 4' floodwater since mid Nov) and now we're due to be snowed in. Had notification earlier by the power company that there's a fair chance of power cuts (pretty normal here) as overhead cables, big trees & large amounts of snow don't play well together. It's a good job I've got open fires (and mini-me has already dragged the sledge out ready for her day off school LOL).

Sorry ... :ot: :oops: