Replacement Cans Suggestions Please

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Carlb1058
TRX-Enthusiast
Location: Born In Wales, Live In OZ - I still ain't found the damn wizard yet!!

Re: Replacement Cans Suggestions Please

Post by Carlb1058 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:01 am

Jak wrote:you can have some of ours any time!!! thought you had snow in the Blue Mountains sometimes?
No, very rare in the Blue Mountains - although on the western side they get the occassional dusting but it never lasts long - got plenty of snow in the Snowy Mountains though, who'da guessed that :lol:
Jak wrote:
Mincehead wrote:Batten down those hatches Jak, seems like you`ll be hardest his down by there all over again! :roll:
I know - they've only just opened our local main road (under 4' floodwater since mid Nov) and now we're due to be snowed in. Had notification earlier by the power company that there's a fair chance of power cuts (pretty normal here) as overhead cables, big trees & large amounts of snow don't play well together. It's a good job I've got open fires (and mini-me has already dragged the sledge out ready for her day off school LOL).

Sorry ... :ot: :oops:
Bugger, we never got a day off school unless the snow was that deep ya disappeared in it :wink: - how times have changed
Cheers
Carl
--------------
Damn this fine line between genious and insanity, I can never remember what side I'm s'posed to be on!!
'98 Model in Laverda Arancio
TRX, the thinking mans Ducati

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:15 am

Carlb1058 wrote: Bugger, we never got a day off school unless the snow was that deep ya disappeared in it :wink: - how times have changed
Our village gets cut off quite easily and the school bus can't get through the little lanes. We all just have a big sledging party instead :) (last time we were snowed in it was more than a week before I found my car ... and that's NOT coz I'm blonde :lol: :lol: hehe)
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Carlb1058
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Carlb1058 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:41 am

Jak wrote:
Carlb1058 wrote: Bugger, we never got a day off school unless the snow was that deep ya disappeared in it :wink: - how times have changed
Our village gets cut off quite easily and the school bus can't get through the little lanes. We all just have a big sledging party instead :) (last time we were snowed in it was more than a week before I found my car ... and that's NOT coz I'm blonde :lol: :lol: hehe)
Now to me that sounds brilliant - the snow I mean, at 1:30pm the temp here was 44.7c or for us ol' folks close enough to 112F ARRGGGG :shock: email me some snow Jak grovel grovel :wink: If this weather keeps up I'll be fast tracking my return to the northern hemisphere that's for sure.
Cheers
Carl
--------------
Damn this fine line between genious and insanity, I can never remember what side I'm s'posed to be on!!

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:34 am

Jak wrote:
If YOU get on a sledge I`ll be down to kick ya blonde ass! [-X :wink:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 am

Carl, you're mad ... definitely ... how can you miss the crap weather we have here?!?!?!

It started snowing about 7hrs ago and just hasn't stopped. We're now snowed in, roads impassable, schools shut and just heard that an electricity pylon's down nearby ... although south Wales is far worse than here (hope Andyaber & handsomejack are tucked up safe and warm!). Mini-me is just piling on the layers to head out ... the dog is just plain confused, poor thing LOL
Mincehead wrote:If YOU get on a sledge I`ll be down to kick ya blonde ass! [-X :wink:
haha nope, I'm staying indoors by the fire!!!
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:23 am

Good to hear, take good care of yourself too. :wink:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

andyaber
Site Sponsor

Post by andyaber » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Just watched a JCB fail to get up my hill!

Was walking up with my grandson on my shoulders at the time.

All tucked in safe now though thanks.

My daughter works in a club about 3 miles away and has walked in. As long as the bars are open we'll be ok!

Cheers, Andy.

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Some rugby and beer, you`re sorted in Wales eh Andy? :wink:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

andyaber
Site Sponsor

Post by andyaber » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Or something similar :wink:

Carlb1058
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Carlb1058 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm

I look at it this way, it's easier to keep warm than keep cool and seeing as we hit a new record of 46.5c or 116f (+/- a tad) ya left with sittin indoors watchin ya leccy bill go through the roof coz of air conditioners - then there are ya pets, the bloody cat was either heat stressed or just plain refused to come in so I went n got her, 'er indoors has already got a little dog and that stays inside but the shepherd x malamute who by the way when he stands up on his back legs can head butt me and I'm 6'2" he's a big lad had to be let in as the poor ol' sod was strugglin' - long haired dogs like malamutes should not be allowed in hot countries, boy they suffer. And then there's the parrots in the aviary who needed soakin' every now n again so I got to stand in the heat and do that.

Yes yes I know all that seems liking whining but they're domestic animals and need taking care of - people here still seem to function but not me - just too hot, so things are being fast-tracked. . .

All you lot in the icy grip of winters hand, mind how ya go aye!!
Cheers
Carl
--------------

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 am

I was out on barking donkey IN the snow on Saturday, had bike withdrawels so it had to be done.
The cold don`t bother me one bit, the speedway style round the bends makes for an interesting ride though. :lol:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:52 am

Jak wrote:Carl, you're mad ... definitely ... how can you miss the crap weather we have here?!?!?!

It started snowing about 7hrs ago and just hasn't stopped. We're now snowed in, roads impassable, schools shut and just heard that an electricity pylon's down nearby ... although south Wales is far worse than here (hope Andyaber & handsomejack are tucked up safe and warm!). Mini-me is just piling on the layers to head out ... the dog is just plain confused, poor thing LOL
Mincehead wrote:If YOU get on a sledge I`ll be down to kick ya blonde ass! [-X :wink:
haha nope, I'm staying indoors by the fire!!!
Sounds cold..so how do you all go about buisness being snowed in..for a few months even..?

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:53 am

alextrx850 wrote:Sounds cold..so how do you all go about buisness being snowed in..for a few months even..?
Everything grinds to a halt for a few days after the snow falls, then it turns to ice and the newspapers/tv react like it's the end of the world and there's panic buying in the shops ... then 2 days later it starts raining and life returns to normal :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Two years ago we were cut off for 10 days which was a bit of a pain - the kids all loved it though and round here there's some proper 4x4s able to get out of food runs for the village. I'm lucky coz I work for myself and my office is in the dining room :thumbleft: Others struggle more, especially when the schools have to close - they have to look after their own kids(!).

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 am

Still little laying snow about here but 30 miles away there`s 8" (200 mm) + in places. It`s snowing right now, wind`s picked up too but everywhere is wet so it`ll not settle too deeply for too long. :wink:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 am

Mincehead wrote:Still little laying snow about here but 30 miles away there`s 8" (200 mm) + in places. It`s snowing right now, wind`s picked up too but everywhere is wet so it`ll not settle too deeply for too long. :wink:
Cold , wet and windy...what a life, but then ..a bit of time to think about life..eh...maybe catch up on KNITTING that sweater..alls the sooner Mince,. now that its soooo cold..? :lol:
Hope this [replacement cans thread ] hasnt gone ....COLD either :laughing6: :laughing6: