new cans=poor running

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

baptie0
TRX-Enthusiast

new cans=poor running

Post by baptie0 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:41 pm

ok so I have replaced my standard exhaust cans to a pair of ducati 1098 ones with the cats removed.
now i have a light throttle running problem, seems like fuel starvation, popping and loosing power, i live miles away from anywhere
so cant have it on a rolling road, thinking it needs to be richer on light throttle openings. any experts out there who can point me in the right direction? I have a wide band lambda sensor and gauge and am thinking about using it to set up the fueling until i get my fcr 41 bought.
cheers everyone :D

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Re: new cans=poor running

Post by Con Rod » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 pm

good link for tuning below:

http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tuning_p ... gines.html

(I would try a clip position richer on the needle)
Paul

Skybone
Site Sponsor

Post by Skybone » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:43 pm

The nearest dyno/tuner isn't as far away as you might think, there's one on the Black Isle near Cromarty. If you know someone with a van, you could be there & back in a couple of hours.

http://www.hmdtuning.co.uk/

I haven't used them, but have heard of a few people who highly recommend them. But I have been in there, he's a friendly bloke (got a guided tour around the place, shown various projects, even though I just turned up one day and didn't actually buy anything).

Regularly head up your way on runs (when the weathers OK), might be miles from anywhere, but there's some fantastic roads around there. :D

baptie0
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by baptie0 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Skybone wrote:The nearest dyno/tuner isn't as far away as you might think, there's one on the Black Isle near Cromarty. If you know someone with a van, you could be there & back in a couple of hours.

http://www.hmdtuning.co.uk/

I haven't used them, but have heard of a few people who highly recommend them. But I have been in there, he's a friendly bloke (got a guided tour around the place, shown various projects, even though I just turned up one day and didn't actually buy anything).

Regularly head up your way on runs (when the weathers OK), might be miles from anywhere, but there's some fantastic roads around there. :D
Thanks for the link, I did not realize there was someone so close :D .

baptie0
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by baptie0 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:32 am

Lifted the needles one clip position today, and I am very happy the bike now runs spot on and it sounds great :D
cheers for the advice and I love my trx even more now.