TRX-Enthusiast

Carb rebuild kits in the UK now.

Post by Mincehead » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:05 pm

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

cal
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Carb rebuild kits in the UK now.

Post by cal » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Seems like a reasonable price, I was actually looking for tubes on ebay today, couldnt find them though,
anyone know how much they are from "the shops" just tubes and needles?
Cal

Bullet
Site Sponsor

Post by Bullet » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:38 pm

http://www.kedo.de/

12.50euro for a needle and the same for emulsion tudes.
I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:27 am

Rebuilt a set of carbs with one of these kits the other day ...its a good fit up as well, a bunch of us aussies have bought a kit from one of our suppliers here and while i havent heard of much feedback, thought id let you know of the result.
All the kit went in and is really easy,..just change the parts old for new..the whole kit is good quality and fits in well,..just make sure you dont refit any old parts by mistake... :lol:
as the trx manual suggests...when setting the pilot mixture screw...turn it all the way in against the spring, and then out two turns....
And i found that i have used the lowest of the settings on the emulsion needle [to lift the needle for a richer run]...i did have the needle clip on the middle of the three notches, but found it had flatspots , really needed choke to fire it up on cold and at 2000 rpm and on choke/warm-up...the exhaust was red hot after only 2 minutes...shes way too lean[ too much air]...and dangerous to the pistons ..so its the lowest setting on the needle and its pretty much perfect, and two complete turns out on the pilot....
these are my old bits in the photo.gimme a message if you are after more info..

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Post by Con Rod » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:20 pm

I went the same with the needle. Ended up with 2.25 turns out. Float level 5mm below the line. K&N air filter. Standard jets sizes.

Same experiance, found the kit great, has all the jets, even the jets i wouldn't normally replace in the throught of the carb and all the gaskets. Everything fit perfectly, simple swap new for old

Been running on those setting now for about 3000km and power delivery is smooth and linear and good at all throttle positions. I tuned it using the plug chop method, starting with the main. Did my final adjustment with the fuel screws by adjusting them with the motor running to the point of highest rpm.

Getting about 6l per 100km (47mpg)

Did a few plug readings recently so I will pop up a photo

Photo of the plugs:
plugfinal.JPG

And a photo of the piston crown, I appear to be getting a good burn:
piston crown.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Bloody hell, good photo considering it must have been taken `blind`. :wink:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Post by Rod.s » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:11 am

2 ½ turns out? Mine runs like crap till 3 ½ turns out..mmmmmmmm need to do some more investigating. But the bright side is that is goes like a shower of shit and runs super smooth below 2500rpm :D :D
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Post by Con Rod » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 am

Mincehead wrote:Bloody hell, good photo considering it must have been taken `blind`. :wink:

iphone Mince, it is pretty good at stuff like that cause the flash is right beside the lens and the screen is visible form most angles
Paul

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Rod.s wrote:2 ½ turns out? Mine runs like crap till 3 ½ turns out..mmmmmmmm need to do some more investigating. But the bright side is that is goes like a shower of shit and runs super smooth below 2500rpm :D :D
are you running the needle clip in the middle,..?
the lowest notch for me with the nylon lower spacer as usual...might go the .25 turn more as con rod has.
A good result otherwise...happy
might add. im using the yoshimura titan twin system and pod filters.

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Post by Rod.s » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:21 am

alextrx850 wrote:
Rod.s wrote:2 ½ turns out? Mine runs like crap till 3 ½ turns out..mmmmmmmm need to do some more investigating. But the bright side is that is goes like a shower of shit and runs super smooth below 2500rpm :D :D
are you running the needle clip in the middle,..?
the lowest notch for me with the nylon lower spacer as usual...might go the .25 turn more as con rod has.
A good result otherwise...happy
might add. im using the yoshimura titan twin system and pod filters.
Mate finally got around to doing this, so now on the bottom clip and 2.5 turns out and I'll adjust as she goes, but the pipes are now starting to blue up a bit :D

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 am

Sweet...seems to be the fuelling for the rex Rod,..maybe do the same for Victors bike too....too lean and all that.
With that setting, ive found good morning starting with choke, and not running too hot in stalled traffic..

Nice iridiums there Con Rod

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Post by Rod.s » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 am

I took the old girl for a quick blat and she is now getting up to temp quickly, the pipes are getting back their "blue" so we'll see. I'm still not 100% satisfied and will monitor the plugs over the next week :D

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Post by Con Rod » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:36 pm

alextrx850 wrote: Nice iridiums there Con Rod

Cheers, have been running this set up now for about 8000km and very happy with it. I did a FarRide (1000km in 24hours) which turned out to be about a 3000km round trip from Sydney down to Hay, over to Renmark, then through Victoria and back up. Was a lot of sitting on 130kmph at about 4000rpm, consistently got about 4.3ltr/100km (65mpg). That was pretty much as good as I could ever get I rekon, straight flat roads at constant speed for hours. For normal riding I get about 6ltr/100km (47mpg)

Had a look at the plugs and down the bore when I got back. Plugs have settled into a nice light brown colour and bores look good
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
I am heading up north of Sydney this weekend for some riding around the Oxley, Bendemeer, etc so will report back on that next week
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul

Skybone
Site Sponsor

Post by Skybone » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Sounds like I need to get on eBay when I get home then!

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Post by Rod.s » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Con Rod wrote:
alextrx850 wrote: Nice iridiums there Con Rod

Cheers, have been running this set up now for about 8000km and very happy with it. I did a FarRide (1000km in 24hours) which turned out to be about a 3000km round trip from Sydney down to Hay, over to Renmark, then through Victoria and back up. Was a lot of sitting on 130kmph at about 4000rpm, consistently got about 4.3ltr/100km (65mpg). That was pretty much as good as I could ever get I rekon, straight flat roads at constant speed for hours. For normal riding I get about 6ltr/100km (47mpg)

Had a look at the plugs and down the bore when I got back. Plugs have settled into a nice light brown colour and bores look good
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
I am heading up north of Sydney this weekend for some riding around the Oxley, Bendemeer, etc so will report back on that next week
Awesome! glad the ride was boring :lol: :lol: :lol: caus I'm jealous... On our (Mark and I) short 1300K ride we did, we got around 400K's from a tank and that was giving it some throttle through the mountains and twisty bits.

Bendemeer is one of my favourite stops on the "New England" (well to be correct :roll: the corner of the New England and the Oxley) I'd love to do a meet up at Walcha one day "State of Origin" ride!!