Chain protector on H casting.

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Chain protector on H casting.

Post by Mincehead » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Some of you might remember me saying how expensive a small piece of rubber that acts as a protector on the rear frame H casting is direct from Yamaha?
This is it:
Chain guide H casting 002.JPG
As you can see the chain does cut into it and it serves it`s purpose in protecting the casting from the chain but at over 20 quid it`s a bloody expensive bit of rubber! :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

SDN
Site Sponsor

Re: Chain protector on H casting.

Post by SDN » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:39 pm

can't you cut it out of a piece of rubber sheet - You can buy rubber sheet in various thicknesses RS sell 1.2 m square sheet for about £90, plumbers merchants should sell it in smaller quantities. Seems a bit silly to pay a boat load of money when you cuold probably cut it from sheet for about a fiver

Kenny
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Kenny » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm

SDN wrote:can't you cut it out of a piece of rubber sheet - You can buy rubber sheet in various thicknesses RS sell 1.2 m square sheet for about £90, plumbers merchants should sell it in smaller quantities. Seems a bit silly to pay a boat load of money when you cuold probably cut it from sheet for about a fiver
That woud depend on the rubbers density and resistance to wear.
My bike maybe a dinosaur but it still has some bite & has a mighty roar.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy ........ but usually I let her sleep in

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:07 pm

I could have sourced some nylon block, cut one out with a junior hacksaw and drill a locating (6mm) hole in it but While I was at Carricks and blethering bikes I just ordered one as I had sold something the day previous and was feeling flush with pocket paper.
Still whinged about it being 20 quid though! :lol:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES