how do you use the search engine here?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: how do you use the search engine here?

Post by Mincehead » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:47 pm

I thought it WAS meaningful to remind folk that this forum is not run by some wealthy corporate / business but by the folks that maintain and use it.
You want all singing and dancing you`ll need to stump up for it! :wink:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

HolerTogni
Site Sponsor

Post by HolerTogni » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi Mincehead!
Mincehead wrote:I thought it WAS meaningful to remind folk that this forum is not run by some wealthy corporate / business but by the folks that maintain and use it.
You want all singing and dancing you`ll need to stump up for it! :wink:
To pay for what we get here is really not be the problem.

And your answer did not contribute something meaningful to the solution of the problem - full stop.

Insisting greetings from Munich!
Nothing against four cylinders:
TRX 850 & Racetrack-TRiXie :twisted: 8)

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:41 pm

WHAT problem, folks lack of patience?
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:56 am

OK ...

Holer, there are two different board "styles" here - prosilver and subsilver - I use prosilver and can see the advanced search option just below the search box. In subsilver it's different and by clicking on "search" you get to the same place as "advanced search" in prosilver. (it wasn't until I looked just now that I found that out!)

As for upgrading the search facility - there might be something "out there" to add on, however it's not something anyone has asked for before. If there is significant demand I'll look into it, however if Google does the job ok, then use Google. I remember in the past that an add-on caused forum running problems and I don't really want to add anything extra and risk crashing the place if there is a tool that does it adequately already.

I think what Mince is trying to say is that I run/maintain this place in my spare time - I'm not a paid employee of the site working 40 hrs a week - I do what I can, when I can. I'm not an expert, in a lot of cases I'm learning as I go!!

I hope that helps?
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Exactly Jak =D> and that was ALL I was trying to get across, there is no BIG money involved here, you and Max (albeit less nowadays) look after this `resource` and I personally won`t have anyone talk it down in any way shape or form. :wink:
THANK YOU for your time and efforts in providing what many of us call a wee TRX / biking home from home.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

HolerTogni
Site Sponsor

Post by HolerTogni » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi Jak!

I supposed already that it could relate to the chosen board style ... thank you for clearing this up!

And also for "translating" what Mincehead meant ...

You know that I do not demand too great a deal of you running this board and I really do appreciate what you are doing here for us in your spare time! =D> =D> =D>

The only thing I was trying to say was that I don't want such things for free or take it for granted.

@Mincehead:
Maybe I took your writing the wrong way ... for I am no native speaker (sometimes it can be so simple as that). Just when I read your post, it "sounded" a little "snotty" for me at that time ...

Now understood greetings from Munich!
Nothing against four cylinders:
TRX 850 & Racetrack-TRiXie :twisted: 8)

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:31 pm

No problem, I didn`t really get upset anyway, I guessed there may have been some misunderstanding and I was being cryptic so as not to be or seem overly pissed.
We all get along well here and long may it remain that way. :wink:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:21 am

*group hug*
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs