what spark plug please

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

handsomejackuk
TRX-Enthusiast

what spark plug please

Post by handsomejackuk » Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi,

about to change my plugs any advice gratefully received... not got them out yet, and can't remember what they are, any special plug i can get

and what sort of price

Thanks Al...

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: what spark plug please

Post by Mincehead » Mon May 30, 2011 11:57 pm

I currently use NGK iridiums, you`ll get a pair on Ebay UK (listing under Yamaha TRX 850) for about 12 quid or so if I remember correctly.
Cleans up the running and crisper throttle response over the standard NGK`s, with the benefit of a much slower wear rate. they`ll last twice as long as the standard plugs, likely more!
Last edited by Mincehead on Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

handsomejackuk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by handsomejackuk » Tue May 31, 2011 12:17 am

THanks Mince..

still got the original plugs in mine... think i cleaned them about 4 or 5 years ago !!!!

I go and order a set... do you know what the number is ?

I have a look anyway on Ebay..

Al...

handsomejackuk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by handsomejackuk » Tue May 31, 2011 12:46 am

Done ordered some standard plugs.... £5.00....

need oil change and filter next..

off to Poole in the 21st June Bike night.... for two nights with some mates...

Al...

handsomejackuk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by handsomejackuk » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Mudguard off given a thorough clean and polish slight mark on the mudguard where my Braided hoses are rubbing the mudguard polished this mark out....Drained Radiator, Dropped Radiator, give Radiator a thorough clean in the bath, and blew through with Air compressor to disperse water, warmed it up and gave a coat of barbecue paint.... changed plugs and give the cylinder head a good clean... To Be honest the plugs were in better condition than i Thought considering they have been in for about 4-5 years... dont think they are the originals, as i do remember dropping the Rad before...

just waiting now for the Radiator to Dry, and will reassemble later... Hoping to get to Longlife Exhausts tomorrow, and get some advice on what to do with link pipes... whether i can get mine modified, or price some new ones... if too expensive, and cannot be done, will try and source an alternative Footpeg hangers, to attach the scorpion exhausts too....

They had a good polish too this morning, and looking quite Sexy Now...!!!!

post some pics later....

Al...