Dammit!

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Commando
TRX-Enthusiast

Dammit!

Post by Commando » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:38 am

Off for a ride on the TRX for the first time since fitting the blue spots back in June.
Brilliant day for a ride to work and afterwards off into the hills of Adelaide, Greenhill Rd. so the locals know what I'm talking about. Awesome ride, great to be back on the bike, especially on twisty roads like these. Even stopped off at a little pub for a schooner of Adelaide's finest pale ale. A quick blast up the freeway on the way home was in order, blow out the cobwebs, ya know. At about 7000rpm a clanging noise starts, I actually though an exhaust bracket had broken or something like that. Pulled over and realised it was coming from the engine, no noise at idle though, just picking up at about 2500rpm. She got me home with only minimal loss in power in the last couple minutes. A mechanic, with TRX experience, at the local Yammy dealer reckons by the sound of it my big ends are gone, but he can be a little more certain when he hears it in person. Shit end to a great day. However, at 98,000kms, not totally unexpected. It'll be a while before I can even think about fixing it, just bought another parallel twin as a stablemate to the TRX, a '71 Norton Commando. I really don't want to write the TRX off, but that may be in the cards unfortunately. I'll keep my head up until it gets a proper going over though.