Bike Cam

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Silver
Site Sponsor

Bike Cam

Post by Silver » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am

There is a new product out called "flycamone Version 2"
(Fly cam...mainly for model airoplanes)
That looks to be about the size of a mobile phone and is very light. Available from robotbirds.com for about £44. Just need to get that past the wife! very tempting. Even the track day police would have trouble seeing that if mounted discreetly.
Anyone have one?
Dave
2010 Street triple R 675 Road bike
2018 BMW G310GS
1988 Honda XBR500(converting to GB500 spec)
SZR660 road and track project

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Re: Bike Cam

Post by phuk72 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:48 pm

Although the pics / video look OK on YouTube (small screen), the video resolution quoted in one of the reviews is low. I can't find the manufacturers spec but would like to know more about the DVD quality recording. And the reviews seem to suggest it does not perform well with any vibrations which could be a problem as it doesn't look the easiest to mount.

Is about the same price as my bullet cam so cracking VFM especially as it has onboard power.

However, I really would spend an extra £40 and get the Oregon bullet cam.

By the way, I have always just duck taped my bullet cam to the fairing (which is why it suffers a bit with vibration - CBA to mount it properly :oops: ) and I've never had any problems / issues at track days. In fact I've even stopped at the end of pit lane and started the camera in front of the TDO. (That said, I suppose it could be argued that it constitutes timing which is a no no at TDs)