BT014...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Greg
Site Sponsor

BT014...

Post by Greg » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:22 pm

Has anyone got 014s fitted..?? If so what are they like?

Greg
:motard:
Brake cleaner makes me smile...

youngy

Post by youngy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:10 pm

Yes. They're ok. I've had them on a number of bikes and never had any issues with them. They were on the TRX when I got it.

TBH I think it's all in your head about tyres. I used to scrape the pegs on my first 2 TRXs and they were fitted with Mac 90s. Can't get anywhere near that on this one.

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:55 pm

I've got them (new) since I bought the REX in May 2005.

Why the BT014?
It came out bétter in various tests in rain conditions, which is a higher priority to me then how the tyre 'works' on dry roads. And I must say, to my pleasure, I made a good choice. Nice feedback on day by day basis but also on track days! The wear and tear is nice and smooth. Only downside, a lot of straight highways does give the (softer) tyre a flat band in the middle. I did about 8000km but then I did have about 3 to 4 mm left on the middle :D

Soon I'm going to put a 120/70 front tyre on, also a BT014.

Nothing but positive feelings so far 8)

Greetz
Gerben
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-

Kirk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Kirk » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:47 am

I have to say I won't buy Bridgestone's again.
I've had about 3 or 4 sets on the TRX, and although I could never really say anything BAD about them, I could never really say anything GOOD about them either!!
Last change I went from BT-014 front BT-020 rear, to Pirelli Diablo front Diablo Strada rear, and they are SOOOO much better. The BT's nevergave me much feedback, and this is the biggest difference to the Diablo's.
The Diablo's just let you feel every bit of grip (or not!) that is there, and they've given me heaps more confidence. Also a different shape, the Diablo's are more triangular and drop in quicker, where the BT's are round and roll in.
Front tire was changed to 120/70 on second go and I've never looked back.
Only thing I can't comment on is mileage on the Diablo's. The BT's were doing 10 - 12,000 km's, 70% riding to work 30% doing twisties.

In my opinion the Bt's just don't stack up to the Diablo's at all. Unfortunely haven't been able to test any other brands yet but I might not bother now!!

Greg
Site Sponsor

Post by Greg » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:48 am

Good feedback from all - thanks!

I've been trawling for information (as you do!) and came across this pagewhich I found very interesting...

I have to say that I'm kinda leaning towards the 014s so will let you know how I get on!

G

youngy

Post by youngy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:28 pm

That's quite an old article Greg. Not sure how valid some of the tyre specific comments would still be.

Greg
Site Sponsor

Post by Greg » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:06 pm

Agree with you Martin, but it was interesting to read the comment about 'feel' etc., which I'd never looked at in that way before.

Scary too that it reinforced the comment I'd heard before about SuperCorsaPros being pants until they're properly warm - temperatures which they'll only realistically get to at track or racedays.... guess what I've got on!

I have a slightly perverse enjoyment in fitting tyres ...

G

youngy

Post by youngy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:28 pm

TBH Greg the best all weather, from cold, tyres will be the least high tech - like Mac100 or Pilot Road. This is probably the sort of tyre I'll go for next time round. Maybe D207s - depends what's cheap!