Brakes and Suspension

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

ryancas91
TRX-Enthusiast

Brakes and Suspension

Post by ryancas91 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:32 am

Hi all

Looking to upgrade on my trx (bike currently has yzf 750 6 pots that are rubbish!) i noticed alot of people do the blue spot/ gold spot calipers and was wondering if the calipers from a MT07 would fit as they look identical but are silver instead of blue/gold anyone got any info it they do fit or not?

Also looking at fork upgrades trying to source a set of r1 forks seems near impossible unless paying silly money, i was wondering if it would be worth just having the original forks rebuild and reworked to suit my weight and riding style any tips?

Thanks Ryan.

drix
Site Sponsor

Re: Brakes and Suspension

Post by drix » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:56 pm

Hi Ryan

MT07 silver spots will work yes :wink:

As for the front end, you have many option available... rebuild the stock ones with stiffer springs, thundercat forks, yzf750, early R1 and more.. depends on your needs & budget. There’s loads of feedback here on such mods, search the forum :wink:

Enjoy the thinkering!
Adrien

Slowberry
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Slowberry » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:42 pm

Cartridge emulators for the forks will do a good job.

Bricktop
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Bricktop » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:50 am

Hi Ryan, this post was quite a while ago, how did you go with your brakes and suspension? I've changed my calipers over to silver spots and now looking at low budget suspension options - my mechanic is putting heavier weight oil and a small spacer in to see if it makes a difference, but I'm not holding my breath.
Cheers, Jesse.

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:30 am

A smaller spacer tube (standard is 130mm) will mean less compression on the springs at standstill, so not sure how that will work with thicker oil? Thicker oil will slow down the suspension travel: do you think your standard suspension is soft?

Sometimes just an overhaul with a clean out, fresh standard weight oil, new seals and covers makes a big difference.

Standard suspension is not great and not that tuneable. Progressive rate springs make a difference and are not that expensive.

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Post by jjmoto » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:30 am

Had my R1 4xv forks serviced, resprung & set up for my weight by MCT makes a world of difference